Problem with Wingdings symbols when saving to HTML

Hi,
I’m using the latest version Aspose.Words for .NET 11.5.0.0. When I’m saving 2003 Word files as HTML Wingdings symbols used in Word document got replaced with the other symbols. For example in the document I’ve attached we use arrow-down symbol but when converted to HTLM it got replaced with hand-writing symbol. It happens in Internet Explorer 8.0. When I’m opening the same HTML in FireFox I can see correct symbol. The problem is that we need it to work properly with IE.

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.5.0, I have managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-6612. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Sorry for the inconvenience faced.
Best Regards,

Was this issue fixed?
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. This issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Do you have ETA for the fix? It’s been over 6 months.
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. The fix to this issue is postponed till a later date and we cannot push it into production right now because there are many other important issues we have to work on. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

It has been long time since I have reported this issue. Has it been fixed already?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. I have intimated our development team of your concern and asked the responsible developer to take a look at your issue shortly and if possible implement it as soon as possible. I will keep you informed of any developments. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,
It’s been really long time. Do you plan fixing it at all?
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. You are right, there appears to have been many delays in the resolution of this issue. I will get a firm estimate on this issue and provide you some further feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for being patient.

Our development team has completed the analysis of your issue. The problem occurs because of a known issue with IE8. Aspose.Words exports characters of symbolic fonts as code points of the Private Unicode Area which are not recognized by IE8 in quirks (compatibility) mode. Unfortunately, this issue cannot be resolved completely; however as a workaround, you can force IE8 to process the HTML document in standard mode by setting the following option on export:

HtmlSaveOptions.ExportXhtmlTransitional = true;

I hope, this helps.

Please let us know if this workaround is acceptable for you. We will most likely close WORDSNET-6612 with “Won’t fix” resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

I’m very sorry to share with you that on further investigation our development team came to know that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue. Your issue is now closed with ‘‘Won’t Fix’’ resolution. This means the issue is not actually fixed but closed because this is not related to Aspose.Words. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6612) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.