Problems creating vaild PDF/A 3A or PDF/A 3B

Hello,

it is not possible to create valid PDF/A 3A & B.

From 49 test documents, approx. 3 are valid (according to Preflight).

Almost every PDF/A file has no valid header, PowerPoint-documents have no vaild “Resources” dictionary, Word- and Excel-files have Problems with Glyphs (inconsistancies and missing CID-Sets/Glyphs), some msg files don’t have the requiered Meatdata, etc

I attached some files as well as the class for testing the convertion.

I hope you can help me

Hi Bea,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am testing the scenario with shared files and will let you know our findings soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Bea,

Thanks for your patience. I have converted your shared TIFF,DOCX and DOTM files to PDF using Aspose.Words for .NET 15.7.0. Later I have converted resultant PDF documents to PDFA3A and PDFA3B using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.7.0 and tested compliance using Adobe Acrobat XI preflight. But I am unable to notice any compliance issue with these files, attached here for your reference.

Moreover, please use attached code of Aspose.Words for TIFF to PDF conversion.

Best Regards,

Hi Bea,

In addition to above reply, I have also converted your shared pps and xlsx files to PDF using latest versions of Aspose.Slides for .NET and Aspose.Cells for .NET respectively. Later I have converted the PDF files to PDFA3A and PDFA3B using Aspose.Pdf for .NET and tested compliance using Adobe Acrobat XI preflight tool. Please note only PDFA3B document of xlsx file has passed the compliance and other fails, so I have logged following issues in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about the issues’ resolution progress.

PDFNEWNET-39251: PDF(generated by Aspose.Cells) to PDFA3A conversion issue
PDFNEWNET-39252: PDF(generated by Aspose.Slides) to PDFA3A conversion issue
PDFNEWNET-39253: PDF(generated by Aspose.Slides) to PDFA3B conversion issue

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Bea,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid the earlier reported issues are still pending for review and they are not yet resolved. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Any news?

Our project is supposed to go live soon and it would be great if PowerPoint- and Excel files could be converted into 100% valid PDF/A 3 files.

Hi Bea,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your above reported issues are still not resolved as product team is busy in resolving other issues in the queue, reported earlier. However I have raised the priority of your issues and requested our team to share an ETA at their earliest. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issues’ resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-39253;PDFNEWNET-39252;PDFNEWNET-39251) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.