Problems generating pdf documents - missing images (old version)

Hello,

we are maintaining an old application that uses an older version of aspose.slides for .NET 3.5. The aspose.slides.dll version is 5.6.0.0
The application reads xml and creates pptx and pdf files from the xml input. The resulting pptx files never show any errors. In the resulting pdf files, sometimes some images are missing. We tried both ways to create the pdf, saving directly from the PresentationEx instance that is also used to create the pptx and reading the finished ppts with an other instance of PresentationEx and saving then to pdf. Both ways show the same problem.
It seems as when the problem only occurs with larger files with 40+ pages. The resulting pdf files are > 250MB. Smaller files seem to work without problems. Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem? Maybe a memory problem of the old dll?

Regards

Sven

Hi Sven,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Well, as you are using a very old version of the API, I would suggest you to download and try the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET v14.7.0 to see if it works fine at your end. You can also check the migration section to upgrade your code to use the latest version.

Thanks & Regards,

Hello,

many thanks for your answer. We tested against the current dll version. The problem does not occur when using the current dll. It obviously is a bug in the older dll. When generating the pdf with the new version, the resulting document size ist 20 MB and works fine. When generating the same pdf with the old version, the document size ist nearly 300 MB and some images are missing. I am sure you will understand that we are not happy that we will have to purchase a new version of aspose.slides to get this problem fixed. Is there any way that we can reveice a hotfix for this problem or a version that does not have this problem without having to pay the full price again?

Regards

bense.com

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

I am glad to know that the latest version resolves your issue. Regarding a hotfix for the older version, I am afraid it is not possible as per company policy. All the updates and fixes are done in the latest version of the API and we don’t provide any hotfixes for the old versions. You will need to upgrade your license subscription to utilize the new version. Regarding your purchase queries, you can contact our sales team using Aspose.Purchase forum. They will assist you better in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,