Problems processing ole objects

Aspose version: latest. 19.8.0

xlsx.zip (24.6 KB)

Problem 1:
example file: xlsx_pattern_embed_object.xlsx
Add an ole object to workbook and fill it with a pattern
Open it with aspose and save it
When opening the processed file pattern is ‘broken’ (not like the original one and distorted). From squared red and white of the example it is now black and white

Problem 2:
example file: round and square dots embed objects.xlsx
Add an ole object to workbook and sorround it with a line with dash type either:
-Square dot
-Round dot
Open file with aspose and save it
Now line is undefined (displayed as a dash)

@workshare,
Please share your sample code snippet with us for our testing along with steps to test it. We will reproduce the problem and provide our feedback after analysis.

Hi @ahsaniqbalsidiqui
Thank you for your reply

Try this code

var workbook = new Workbook("xlsx_pattern_embed_object.xlsx");
workbook.Save("output.xlsx");

and this

var workbook = new Workbook("round and square dots embed objects.xlsx");
workbook.Save("output.xlsx");

then compare the files saved by aspose with the original ones

Best regards
Andrea

@workshare,

Thanks for the sample code segment.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issues as the user has mentioned by opening your template files and re-saving it via Aspose.Cells APIs. I found Ole Objects formattings are changed after open and save via Aspose.Cells. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46909” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

1 Like

@workshare,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46909) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.9. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi