Problems reading DataMatrix

I am having difficulty reading the DataMatrix barcodes generated by the Aspose SDK. I have two different readers, Microscan Quadrus Mini and OEM software from Dalsa Coreco (Sapea Processing 6.1)
If I generate a barcode of 0123456789 with encoding set to Auto. It reads.
If barcode is 01234567890123456789 it will not read.

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

We will test this issue at our end will get back to you.

I am working with Dave on this issue. Has there been any resolution? Would it be possible to get an update?

Thanks

I got the same problem with Kofax and the DataMatrix. Kofax responded back with the following:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I just got done talking to the engineering department for an update to the DataMatrix barcode issue.

From what we have been able to determine is that there is an error in a portion of the barcode. There are 9 parts to the DataMatrix barcode that stores the message and the engine is returning an invalid code when it reads the 9th part. Some engines allow the error to pass thru while the engine that Kofax uses is a bit more strict. This is by design in an attempt to eliminate false positives.

Has there been any resolution on this issue?

We have tested this with the latest version of Aspose.Barcode (3.3.0) and we are still having an issue reading the barcode.

It seems others have reported the issue with reading the 9th part of the Datamatrix barcode but I can not find a forum response that addresses a fix for it.

Hi,

We are still working on this issue. I have also logged it in our bug tracking system (ID: 14979). We will notify you as soon as we make some progress to fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-14979) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.