We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Problems when converting Word to PDF

Issue: Problems when converting Word to PDF

Version used: Aspose.Words.for.Net 8.0.0.0

Description:

When converting Word to PDF, the following problems occur:

  1. If some special characters (such as ’Ⅰ’, ‘℃’) are set in ‘Times New Roman’ or ‘Arial’ font., these characters will be unreadable after converting to PDF

  2. If a paragraph is set to ‘Auto-align to left and right borders’ in the source Word documents, the format will be changed after converting to PDF

  3. If a picture is set to ‘Fixed on top of text’, the format will be changed after converting to PDF.

Please see the attached for details: 3.doc is the source Word document, and the 3 AsposeWords.pdf is the converted one.

Hello

Thanks for your request. But I cannot see the file you have attached. Could you please reattach it here in the forum?

Also could you please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words 9.0.0. You can download this version here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/category1188.aspx

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

I received files from customer which i have attached with customer’s post.

Hello Sherman,

Thank you for additional information.

  1. “Arial” and “Times New Roman” fonts do not actually contain such characters. MS Word uses “SimSun” font to display these characters. You can just change font to “SimSun”, this will resolve the issue.

  2. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

  3. This problem occurs because Aspose.Words does not support floating object positioning during rendering. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.

Best regards,

  1. We have thousands of such Word files and we definitely cannot change these fonts setting to SimSun manually. Also we don’t know other characters have same issues. Yesterday, we tried other conversion tools (such as ABCPDF, ActivePDF and DynamicPDF), and none of them has such issue.

2 & 3: waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Sherman

SGS

Hello Sherman,

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem with SimSun font on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16432) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2253) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(3)