Problems while exporting to PDF some Excel documents with charts using Mono

Hello.
We are using Aspose.Cells in our product for both Linux and Windows.
But on Linux some Excel sheets with charts fail to export to PDF.

We are using Mono 4.2.3 (but I believe that the version is not an issue).

I’ve attached 2 files. Please notice that they have different format.

“Atom_Charts_3D Pie_2007.xlsx” converts but in the resulting PDF the chart is missing. Please see “Atom_Charts_3D Pie_2007.pdf” for example.

ColorFill_2D_Column_Charts_2003.xls” fails to convert with the message
"Input string was not in a correct format."

If you need, I can provide any additional diagnostics.

Regards,
Alexander.

I’ve checked this with Aspose.Cells 17.1.0

Hi,

Could you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.10

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.10 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.10 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Thanks for reply, Amjad.

ColorFill_2D_Column_Charts_2003.xls file works fine with the fix version.

For Atom_Charts_3D Pie_2007.xlsx behavior is the same (conversion works but the chart is absent).

Hi Alexander,

I have tested both mentioned issues on Ubuntu 15.10 (Mono 4.2.1) while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.1.12 (attached). I am afraid, I am not able to observe any of the mentioned issues. Please check the attachment for the resultant PDF files.

What is the version of cairo and libgdiplus installed in your system?

We’ve downgraded version of cairo because of several text-related issues using Mono. Maybe it is the reason.

Are the attached dlls production ready or some sort of internal release?

Thanks,
Alexander.

Hi again,

First of all, please note that the provided release can be used in production environment without any issues because it contains all the fixes and enhancements from its predecessor. However, if you wish to wait for the next official release, it is due in a week.

Regarding the versions of cairo & libgdiplus, I have used the dpkg -l to list all installed packages. Attached are the screenshots for your reference.

Maybe I am doing something wrong… I’ve rebuilt my app with system installed mono in Ubuntu but chart is still missing. (using Aspose.Cells17.01.12.0 For .Net4.0)

Could you provide your conversion code in C#?

Regards,
Alexander.

Hi Alexander,

I am simply loading the provided spreadsheet and saving it back in PDF format while using Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.1.12 (compiled against .NET Framework 4.0). The code looks as follow.

Could you please share the version of Ubuntu & Mono as well as the PDF generated on your side? Moreover, are you trying the scenario on same machine where you have downgraded a few libraries as mentioned in your previous response?

C#

<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”, Consolas, Courier, monospace; font-size: small; white-space: pre;”>var doc = <span class=“kwrd” style=“font-family: “Courier New”, Consolas, Courier, monospace; font-size: small; white-space: pre;”>new<span style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”, Consolas, Courier, monospace; font-size: small; white-space: pre;”> Aspose.Cells.Workbook(dir + “Atom_Charts_3D_Pie_2007.xlsx”);
doc.Save(dir + “Atom_Charts_3D_Pie_2007_output_mono.pdf”);