Problems with Distributed Forms

We are using Aspose PDF to fill a distributed form. The form is being filled with out problems. Our problem occurs when we submit the form and try to add it to a response file. Acrobat gives the error: “The fields in the file “…” do not exactly match the fields in the specified response file”.

If you click yes, the response file shows no data from this file. I have attached a screen shot of the error.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share some resource files and sample application which can help us in replicating this issue in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Yes I’ve attached the pdf form we are filling. I have found that the issue is isolated to radio buttons. Only filling the other fields results in no error.

Here’s our code for one of the radio buttons:

'Trying to fill using index
pdfForm.FillField(“Type of Job”, 1)

- or -

'Trying to fill using name of option
pdfForm.FillField(“Type of Job”, “Static”)

Both of these correctly fill the form but result in the field mismatch error when adding to the response tracker.

Thanks

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.2.1 where I have used the following code snippet and I am unable to notice any issue when passing the PDF file to Response object. Can you please share some sample application which can help us in replicating this issue. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

[C#]

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form
pdfForm = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form();<o:p></o:p>

pdfForm.BindPdf("c:/pdftest/MortRetOrders_0514_distributed_copy2_distributed.pdf");

pdfForm.FillField("Type of Job", "Variable Data");

MemoryStream finalStream = new MemoryStream();

//formEditor.Save(destFile);

// pdfForm.Save("c:/pdftest/MortRetOrders_0514_distributed_copy2_distributed_Filled.pdf");

pdfForm.Save(finalStream);

Response.Clear();

Response.ClearHeaders();

Response.ClearContent();

Response.Charset = "UTF-8";

Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", finalStream.Length.ToString());

Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "inline; filename=" + "CreditApp.pdf");

Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";

Response.BinaryWrite(finalStream.ToArray());

Response.Flush();

Response.End();

We were using Aspose.Pdf 8.9.1. I updated to 9.2.1 based on your last post and everything is working for me now.

Thanks for your help

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. We are glad to hear that your problem is resolved in latest release. Please continue using our API and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.