Problems with new version of Aspose Cells for Reporting Services!

Hi!

I downloaded and installed Aspose Cells for reporting Services today. but i got problems then i try to open a report on the server from excel. The message I get (se picture).

I also got a error message then I try to create a new rdl file from Excel.

The next question is as follows. I'm looking for an application where I can configure how reporting services generates excel files. I want to use one reports with 1 to many pages and I want the application to generate one excel file (not only sheets) for each page. Is this possible to do with Aspose Cells for Reporting Services?.

We are going to use reporting services to generate excel input sheets. After filled out it will be sent back to the web page for import to sql server database.

Tom Stude

Hi Tom,

Kindly make sure that MS SQL Server 2005 (with reporting services) is installed properly. How do you create a report? could you post your sample RDL file here.

The next question is as follows. I'm looking for an application where I can configure how reporting services generates excel files. I want to use one reports with 1 to many pages and I want the application to generate one excel file (not only sheets) for each page. Is this possible to do with Aspose Cells for Reporting Services?.

Could you elaborate on this and give us details.

Thank you.

Hi!

Here is my rdl file. I think my reportingservices installation is ok. I'm working with it quite often and have no other problems with it. I went trough the documentation and checked that all scripts added by aspose is ok.

The second question (save to many excel files).

The report I use is a standard reporting services report with a table. Some of the table cells are marked with colors identifying which cells that can be edited.

Then the files is downloaded as an excel file changes are made and the file sent back to the server. A script we has made imports the rows into microsoft SQL server.

All of this is working fine at the moment (then the report only shows one page at the time). But our customer wants to be able to download more pages (files) each time and because of that we are now looking at a solution where we can deside how the excel file is generated. All the excel files must be generated from the same report (could be from 1 to many pages).

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the RDL file,

We will check and get back to you soon for your second issue as well.

Thank you.

Hi Tom,

Please post server enviroment. Iwill build a simulation environment in order to re-display this error.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e.g.

What is the version of office?

What is the version of windows server?

What is the version of visual studio?

What is the version of .Net FrameWork?

and so on

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this error is cause by Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll.

I will test different DLL files in simulation environment.

Hi Tom,

About second question, we do not support this feature at present.

By discussion, we have way to achive this feature.

1. Increase report item attribute settings in order to control export report way,

2. choise the attribute,

3. After rendering report , it will be a worksheet change into workbook and then packaged into a ZIP file.

Whether it can meet your requirements?

But we need some time to develop.

Office Version: Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (11.8169.8172) SP3
Addins: Analysis ToolPak, Analysis Toolpak - VBA, DME Document Manager Support, DME ODMA Interface.

Windows Platform: Microsoft Windows XP, Professional version 2002, Service Pack 2

Visual Studio ( I got both Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 installed because I still develop some Reporting Services 2000 reports for customeres):
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 version 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 version 7.1.3088

Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0.50727
Versiom 1-1-4322 SP1

Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer edition version 9.2.3042.00 SP2

Dear Tom,

Please try the attached fixed.

Please give me your feedback information if it is not just your requirement.

Thank you very much.

Fixed

• The "displayAlert" function is wiped off in this fixed.

User Action

• Please uninstall old aspose.cells.reportingservices before installing this fixed.