We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Problems with PdfConverter output

Two problems found.

(1) Text data is dropped when generating a jpeg from PDF

(2) Rotated text is not correctley rotated. The positioning box is rotated, but the characters themselves are not rotated.

Is there something to fix this?

//Word to Pdf code

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Document(input);

doc.SaveToPdf(output);

----

//Pdf Stamping code

Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileInfo fileInfo = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileInfo(inFile);

Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Stamp logoStamp = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.Stamp();

logoStamp.BindLogo(new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.FormattedText(stamp, System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(180, 0, 0),

Aspose.Pdf.Kit.FontStyle.TimesBoldItalic, Aspose.Pdf.Kit.EncodingType.Winansi, false, 50));

logoStamp.Rotation = 45;

logoStamp.Opacity = 0.5f;

float w = fileInfo.GetPageWidth(1);

float h = fileInfo.GetPageHeight(1);

logoStamp.SetOrigin(72f, 72f);

Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileStamp stamper = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfFileStamp(inFile, outFile);

stamper.AddStamp(logoStamp);

stamper.Close();

-------------------------

//Thumbnail code

Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfConverter pc = new Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfConverter();

pc.BindPdf(input);

pc.StartPage = start;

pc.EndPage = end;

pc.Resolution = res;

try

{

pc.DoConvert();

}

catch (Exception e)

{

Debug.WriteLine("Do Convert failed:" + e.Message);

}

int imageCount = 1;

string prefix = output; string suffix = suffixType;

string rnd = new Random().Next(0, 999).ToString();//Ensure unique name (web caching isuses)

while (pc.HasNextImage())

{

try

{

string name = string.Format("{0}_{1:D3}_{2:D3}{3}", prefix, rnd, imageCount, suffix);

Debug.WriteLine("thumbnail name is: " + name);

pc.GetNextImage(name);

imageCount++;

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

Debug.WriteLine(ex.Message);

}

}

pc.Close();//Make sure all resources are released

Hi Khalid,

I have reproduced both of these issues at my end and logged these issues as PDFKITNET-11072 and PDFKITNET-11073 in our issue tracking system. Our team will be looking into these issues and you’ll be updated via this forum as the issues are resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Khalid,

We need some more information regarding this issue. Can you please share how did you generated this file originally? Did you create the file using Aspose.Words? If so, can you please share the source Word document along with the code snippet you used to convert it to PDF?

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Regards,

I added the Word document (created by MS Word), the Pdf Document (created by Aspose.Words via SaveToPdf).

I also added the code used to conver the Word document to Pdf, the code used to Add the stamp, and the code used to create jpegs from the Pdf file. All are added to the original post.

Hi Khalid,

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Hi, I just wanted to report that we have the same problem with rotated text showing up incorrectly when printing through pdfviewer. The individual characters appear to be unrotated but in the correct position, making them overlap.

Hi Joacim,

Please share the problematic PDF with us, so we could investigate the issue at our end. We’ll update you with the results accordingly.

Regards,

I’ve attached a very simple example file for the issue with rotated text.

Hi Joacim,

I have reproduced the problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-13731 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issue is resolved.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11072;11073) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.