Problems with POP3 to Exchange and Googlemail since update to 6.1.0.0

I updated the DLL from 5.8.0.0 to 6.1.0.0.

About 5% of the requests to Exchange server fail with this exception:
Pop3Exception: User command error: -ERR Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
at ☼??? :slight_smile:(String :slight_smile:, Int32 :heart:)
at :slight_smile:?.:slight_smile: (Int32 :slight_smile:)
at :slight_smile:?.:slight_smile:? :spades: ()
at Aspose.Email.Pop3.Pop3Client.ListMessages()

And about 10% of the requests to GoogleMail fail with this exception:
System.IO.IOException: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format
at ☼??? :slight_smile:(String :slight_smile:, Int32 :heart:)
at :slight_smile:?.:slight_smile: (Int32 :slight_smile:)
at :slight_smile:?.:slight_smile:? :spades: ()
at Aspose.Email.Pop3.Pop3Client.ListMessages()

No problems if I switch back the DLL to 5.8.0.0.

Hi Ulrich,

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

We were able to reproduce the same problem with the latest version of the API and have logged it as EMAILNET-35114 in our bug tracking system. Our Product team will look into it further for rectification and will update you here once there is some information available about the issue.

Hi Ulrich,

We are analyzing this issue and need further assistance to narrow down the problem. Please enable the Pop3Client activity logging as mentioned here and share the log generated by this feature.

Also please share the conditions in which mostly this issue is re-produced. It will help us to investigate the issue and provide assistance earlier.

Hello,

I added the log file for the request to Googlemail and Exchange.
To reproduce it I just have to wait a little. I check for emails then wait 5 seconds and then check again.
About 10% of the requests fail. It doesn’t matter if there are emails on the mail server or not.

Hi Ulrich,

Thank you for sharing these files. We will further analyze the issue in light of these log files and share our feedback with you here. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Hi Ulrich,

Can you please try the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 6.3.0 and share with us if you face the same issue with this latest release? Please let us know your feedback for further assistance in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-35114) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.