Project doc reported as password protected but it is not

Hi Aspose team,

can you please check attached Project document? When I try to open it, it is reported as password protected but it is not. I can open document in Project and also make changes of it.

Project.zip (44.0 KB)

Exception is happening already on doc = New Project(fs)

Thx,
Oliver

@dr_oli,

We are looking into this issue and will soon share our updates here with you.

@dr_oli,

We have investigated the shared document and were not able to reproduce the issue of password protection of document. Instead, it raises IndexOutOfRange exception with the latest version of the API. Could you please try it with the latest version of the API and let us know your feedback?

Hi,

yes, you are right I also see IndexOutOfRange with latest API.

image.png (5.0 KB)

BR,
Oliver

@dr_oli,

Thank you for confirmation. The issue has been logged as TASKSNET-1985 for further investigation by our Product team. We’ll update you here once there is some feedback or a fix version available in this regard.

@dr_oli,

Could you please share with us if the sample MPP file was created with Microsoft Project or Aspose.Tasks API? We found some invalid data structure while investigating the issue. Your feedback will help us to investigate the issue further in detail.

Hi,

document was created with MS Project.

BR,
Oliver

@dr_oli,

Thank you for sharing feedback. We’ll keep you posted in case of any further update about this issue.

@dr_oli,

While investigating the issue at our end, an issue was found with the document’s internal structure that can be fixed by loading and resaving the file with MSP 2010+ version. This way, Aspose.Tasks will be able to read it after resaving. Please try it at your end and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-1985) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by kashif.iqbal

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-1985) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by kashif.iqbal