Project does not contain original MPP data

Here is my mission.

Let me know if I am going down a wrong path.I have a database (ASP.NET/SQL Server), with task information stored in it. I want to present the information to the end user in a .MPP file. Allow the ender user to make changes to the MPP file (Change Dates, add Task Links, etc), then upload the MPP file and read the changes made and update my SQL Database.

It is much easier if I deal with a direct MPP file vs XML. Here is the code I have so far (just test). I guess we can't create a MPP file from scratch? We have to start with Something first?How do I best go about doing this?

Hi Ken,

Thanks for writing to Aspose.Tasks support team.

You are right that currently creating an MPP file from scratch is not possible. However, you can use existing empty MPP as a base project file for your use.

So, it is suggested that you use an empty MPP file, add tasks in that MPP file and save it in the database. At the user end, open this MPP, make required changes and then save back the MPP in database.

Please write us back if you have any other queries as we will be more than happy to assist you further.

I think I could use some help getting started. I am finding out that I know less about a Microsoft Project than I thought. Why does the project file I create here not really work right?

- When you 1st Open the Project, the Tasks don't show. Collapse and Expand them, then they do show?

- % Complete Doesn't Show

Hi Ken,

We have released Aspose.Tasks for .NET 4.8.0. Please test your code with this latest release and let us know you feedback.

If issue still persists, then please send us the working console application to re-produce the issue at our end. It will help us to assist you as soon as possible.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

It is better now, but still not right. I think my problems are with the Calendar. I just don't know enough about how to make it work.

All we care about is: A Project will start on Day X (5/1/12) and will finish on day Y (11/30/12). We don't care about weekends, 8 hour work days, etc. Just draw a line from day 1 to day 150.

When you open the attached MPP file, drag one of the Tasks shorter. You will notice that all of the other dates go away. Why?

BTW, shouldn't your forum software allow us to upload a .MPP file?

Hi Ken,

Thanks for providing supporting material.

I have analyzed the MPP file and have observed the behavior in MSP as mentioned by you. When I dragged duration of a task in the project, all the dates of other tasks vanished.

I need little more assistance from you. Could you please send me the compilable console application which can be used to re-produce this MPP file. It is must required by the development team to reproduce the issue here before logging any ticket in our issue tracking system. Earlier you have sent the scan shots of the code which cannot be used to reproduce the issue.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Please see the attached stand alone code sample.

Thank you for your help & support. I hope I can get this figured out. If I get past this example, I think this product will be an important addition to our application.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for providing all necessary data to re-produce the issue.

I have used your code and created new MPP. This new MPP is opened in MSP and above mentioned issue is successfully re-produced. All the information is passed to the development team along with the sample code. I will write back here as soon as some feedback is received from the development team.

This issue is logged in our issue tracking system as TASKS-33243.

Is there any update on this item? I am 20 days into my 30 day trial. I need to ensure I can get this example working before purchasing this product. I am hopful that this product is the solution I will end up with. Would a second 30 day trial be possible if we have delays figuring out this issue?

Hi Ken,

I have requested an ETA from our development team for the resolution of this issue, and will update you here once I get some information in this regard.

I would request you to please contact our sales support staff for a possible provision of second trial license by visiting the Aspose.Purchase forum. Our sales staff will assist you further in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-33243) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.