Project Reading Exception with Project 2016 MPPs

Loading this MS-Project 2016 edited MPP (originally created with Apose.Tasks v16) raises an Project Reading Exception … (Reading with Aspose.Tasks v17)
We have multiple Customers having trouble reading MPP files from Project 2016 …

Sample File attached.

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

We have tested your sample MPP file using the latest version of API i.e. Aspose.Tasks for .NET 17.1.0 and were not able to face any such exception as you have mentioned. Please try it with the latest version of the API at your end and let us know your feedback.

Well well … my fault.
The “Bug” was not the Loading-Exception … the “Bug” is that when converting and storing it as XML a Calendar-Entry is added which doesnt make sense … its an empty “Standard1”-Calendar which seams to appear out of nowhere …

Standard1

this only happens with mpp’s from Project 2016 … and i guess its a bug of aspose.tasks cause this calendar doesnt even have a definition.

Hi Andreas,

This issue is re-produced where erroneous calendar entry is added in XML file converted by Aspose.Tasks using the sample MPP file. It is logged under Id: TASKSNET-1814 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

Hi Andreas,

We have analyzed this bug and observed that there was some bug in earlier version of Aspose.Tasks lib and test farbe.mpp is broken because of that. Could you please send us the source code that you used to create the test farbe.mpp file? Also please mention the version of Aspose.Tasks that was used to created this file.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-1814) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.