Project reading exception

Hello,

I have just ran into the exception below while reading a mpp file. The project is based on the same template as all my other projects which so I am not sure why this is happening. Do you have any suggestions as to how to debug this issue?

Project reading exception.
at
x9d5a5f8cb1bea48a.x591d41f772243d6b.x06b0e25aa6ad68a9(Project xb0108c8c2308c091,
Stream xcf18e5243f8d5fd3)
at Aspose.Tasks.ProjectReader.Read(Stream stream)

at PM.Extensions.AsposeTasks.LoadProjectFromFile(SPFile spf, SPWeb
web) in C:\dev\tfs\PM\Extensions\AsposeTasks.cs:line 39
at
PM.Pages.ProjectViewer.WriteTaskToList(Boolean
OverwriteExisting) in C:\dev\tfs\PM\Template\Layouts\PM\Pages\ProjectViewer.aspx.cs:line

Hi Steve,

Could you please provide the source project file in order to reproduce the issue on our end?

Thank you

I jsut sent you the file in a separate email. Please let me know if you did not receive.

Thanks!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for providing the source file.

It looks like that Aspose.Tasks for .NET is unable to properly read some custom fields in the MPP file as provided by you. For the detailed investigation and the fix of the issue, an issue has been logged as 20478 on our Issue Tracking System. This thread has been linked with the issue for further updates.

Many Thanks

Hi,

Sorry for the delay and thank you for the data provided. We met some unexpected values in the project (you can see them when export the data to XML too):

7DAB5958-2234-4ADF-8B33-D87EA04DFC25 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 ...

Usually the separator is just a char and can be selected from a list (for outline codes only), see a screen short below.

We are going to investigate the issue and provide you with a hot fix until end of the week.

Sorry for inconvenience and thank you for the data again.

Hi,

We have created the interim hot fix, see it attached. Could you check it at your side?

Thank you for your cooperation and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Hi,

I have the same issue, but with the hot fix the exception still occurs.

I have Microsoft Project 2010 installed on my machine and I also try to save the .mpp with Project 2000-2003 compatibility mode. (See the .mpp file in attach.)

Regards,

Ricardo Beja

Hi Ricardo,

It’s a different issue. Unfortunatelly Aspose.Tasks does not support reading MPP files created in MS Project 2010 and saved in old 2003/2007 formats. We are working hard on the issue and going to resolve it in this month official release (end of the October). You can find some discussion here.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Sergey, I finally tested the hotfix out yesterday and it worked great.

Thanks for the quick response.... this really helps us out!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 20478) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.