Project Work Contours

Hi

I am working on a project and need to be able to move Work Contour information from a project file and move it into one of our objects. As I have explored the Aspose.Tasks object model I can't fin this information. Is this data being moved from the project file into your objects? am I just missing where this is?

Thanks

Kenzie

Dear Kenzie,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Tasks

I have found out there is WorkContour Enumeration in Aspose.Tasks.XML namespace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WorkContour Enumeration

------------------------------------------

Member Name

Flat

BackLoaded

FrontLoaded

DoublePeak

EarlyPeak

LatePeak

Bell

Turtle

Contoured

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will figure it out how to make use of it and write it back soon.

Dear Kenzie,

Sorry for not providing additional information and examples.

As Shakeel already answered WorkContour property available in the XML namespace only.
You can find it in the ResourceAssignment class.

For examples how to read and write projects in xml format please refer to other forum threads.
For example these ones:
<a href="

I dont think I was quite clear about what all I am after. That enumeration is helpful but in Project you can apply a contour and then change one of the values and Project will then change it to be "Contoured" which means I have defined my own work contour. Now in this case I need to be able to get the values from that assignment to accurately reflect the contour. Using Projects object model I would call the TimeScaleData method which would return an array of objects which I could then use to get that information (i.e. we are doing 2 hours of work on day 1). Is there a way with your tools for me to do the same thing?

Thanks

Kenzie

As we mentioned many times in this forum, the main problem that we can’t provide recalculation for all project values is we don’t have detailed and authentic information about how MS Project do this task. If you have or can find such information we are ready to implement “recalculation” functionality in the Aspose.Tasks.