We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

PSD export to PNG results in loss of quality / colour / unexpected result

Hi,

When attempting to export PSD to PNG the resulting image is not the expected result, I have attached the source psd, expected result, and exported result broken.zip (579.6 KB)

The expected result is generated using the python library psd-tools and visible in GIMP when opening the PSD.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Johno

@johno.crawford I can confirm that this bug exists in Java and .Net version of Aspose.PSD. We need some time to investigate this issue. You can track the issue status by the following id PSDNET-1068: Weird rendering of the specific PSD file (RGB/8Bit)

1 Like

Thanks for looking into it @DmitriySorokin really appreciate it.

@DmitriySorokin for what its worth I tried changing the mode to RGB/16Bit in Photoshop, however the resulting PNG export still exhibits loss of colour / discoloration. Are there any workarounds you can suggest?

There seems to be an issue handling the lighting layers with a custom opacity value…?

@johno.crawford we are still working on this issue. Could you please provide PSD file with a “Lighting layers”. Layers in the broken.psd looks like normal pixel layers.

@DmitriySorokin please find attached psd and pngs.

lighting.zip (241.6 KB)

Just noticed there are four modes used in the lighting psd, normal, screen, multiply and addition. Feel free to reach out if further information is required, thanks again!

@DmitriySorokin looks like the addition blend mode is missing? https://apireference.aspose.com/psd/java/com.aspose.psd.fileformats.psd.layers/blendmode

1 Like

Thank you for the additional information. We started investigation of the reported issue. Hope it will be at least partially fixed in the Aspose.PSD 22.3.

1 Like