Pst.FolderInfo.AddMessage Bug

Hello,
In a loop, I load some emails and add them to the storage.
Adding this item to the storage will freeze running the code, no way but to end task!
To be clear, this item was extracted using Aspose from a healthy PST made by Outlook 2021.
Please test the sample app to reproduce the error.
Since such conditions will render the app unstable and unusable, anyway to prevent them from happening?
If some item has problem or if problem is from SDK, throw an exception and go on?
Best :slight_smile:
WindowsApplication2.zip (1.7 MB)

1. A big issue in OlmReader:
    I’ve sent a .olm with its .pst/.ost mirror, if you load the olm file and check items inside most folders include Calendar and Tasks folder, you will find that messages are exported without their attachments
    Also under Deleted Items, export My New Journal Entry, attachments exist, but all 0 bytes!
    I guess the 2nd issue was reported but not sure :frowning:

And just need your comment on HtmlFormatOptions.RenderTaskFields and MhtSaveOptions.SaveAllHeaders
Do you think will be added anytime soon?
RenderTaskFields should not be a big deal since it exists in MhtSaveOptions
And MhtSaveOptions.SaveAllHeaders:
Currently I save each message into 2 email objects, one as eml and one as mht
Then copy the body parts of mht to eml
This will increase the process load and reduce the performance significantly

@australian.dev.nerds,

Since such conditions will render the app unstable and unusable, anyway to prevent them from happening?
If some item has problem or if problem is from SDK, throw an exception and go on?

We try to avoid such cases, but freezing can happen at the processing stage.
It’s hard to avoid on our side and take care of throwing an exception.
This is easier to do on the user’s side, for example with Tasks and CancellationTokenSource.
Also, a ticket will be created to fix this freeze issue, see notification below.

A big issue in OlmReader:

This information has been added to EMAILNET-40910

And just need your comment on HtmlFormatOptions.RenderTaskFields and MhtSaveOptions.SaveAllHeaders

I will also create a task to add this.

Thanks.

@australian.dev.nerds
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): EMAILNET-40959,EMAILNET-40960

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi, just checking if HtmlFormatOptions.RenderTaskFields and MhtSaveOptions.SaveAllHeaders will be done? :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds,

Hi, just checking if HtmlFormatOptions.RenderTaskFields and MhtSaveOptions.SaveAllHeaders will be done?

Here is the answer.
Thanks.