Pst from oulook 2013

I am trying to get the PersonalStorage using this simple line of code PersonalStorage.fromFile(pstFileName,false) and I have succes in some cases but I am having now FormatNotSupportedException for a file exported as PST from outlook 2013 from a gmail account under the Junk folder. We can import and export that file from outlook but not from aspose api. Any clue?

Aspose lib 5.6.1.0-jdk16

Here is the file for testing: https://mxhero.box.com/shared/static/sjqj13dapn6v5yilfmxd9c970y37x2mz.pst

Here is the exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: FormatNotSupportedException: The file is not in PST format
[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@13a5fe33
at com.mxhero.application.pstconverter.phases.Extractor.extract(Extractor.java:137)
at com.mxhero.application.pstconverter.extract.ExtractorTest.testExtractAlex(ExtractorTest.java:25)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:41)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:76)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:193)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:42)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:86)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:459)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:675)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:382)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:192)
Caused by: FormatNotSupportedException: The file is not in PST format
[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@67784306
at com.aspose.email.adu.h(SourceFile:724)
at com.aspose.email.zz.j(SourceFile:1619)
at com.aspose.email.zz.b(SourceFile:1280)
at com.aspose.email.zz.(SourceFile:162)
at com.aspose.email.tv.(SourceFile:43)
at com.aspose.email.adt.(SourceFile:123)
at com.aspose.email.PersonalStorage.a(SourceFile:282)
at com.aspose.email.PersonalStorage.fromFile(SourceFile:226)
at com.mxhero.application.pstconverter.phases.Extractor.extract(Extractor.java:118)
... 23 more

Hi Marcelo,

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

We are unable to download the sample PST file from your shared sample link. It seems the file has been removed from the shared link. Could you please re-share the sample file with us so that we can investigate the issue and assist you?

https://mxhero.box.com/shared/static/paye1pcukkh9e49m5vlag8yf8aiwj4oy.pst

Here it is. I think it maybe to not properly formed spam emails? Regards

Hi Marcelo,

Thank you for providing the sample PST file. I have tested it using Aspose.Email for Java 5.6.1.0-jdk16, by using the following sample code:

PersonalStorage pst = PersonalStorage.fromFile("deletedEmails.pst", false);

I am afraid that no exception is raised and it is loaded successfully. I have also tested it on other product platform and found it working fine there as well.

Could you please confirm whether you have provided the same file which is causing exception at your end? It will help us to provide assistance accordingly.

Sorry about that, I gave you the wrong file. Here is the one that fails:

https://mxhero.box.com/shared/static/flb8ywecx50gcfbqcr7y9amvyjen74ry.pst

Hi Marcelo,

We have investigated this issue at our end and found that the PST can’t be opened by a third party API IndependentSoft as well. This seems to be some issue with the PST file. Could you please verify if you are able to open it in MS Outlook at your end?

Correct, it can be imported back in another folder on outlook. My feeling is that maybe a spam or badformer email is breaking things up?

Regards,

Hi Marcelo,

I have checked it by opening in Outlook 2013, which also shows the error message “junk.pst is not an Outlook data file”. This shows that this file is corrupted, however please feel free to send us any other sample file, if required. We will analyze the problem and provide you assistance accordingly.