PST Read Performance

Hi Aspose,

We’re considering purchasing Aspose.Email for .NET, but I have a question about performance. I’ve been testing reading and writing messages from/to PSTs with the temporary license. I’ve looked through the sample code, and created a couple of samples of my own. Now I’m trying to determine the most efficient method of reading messages from a PST and saving to disk. Do you have any samples of reading from a PST, optimized for performance; or documentation describing the most efficient method of retrieving messages from a PST?

Thanks

@Mike_C,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

You may please visit following links to read data efficiently from PST file and save it to memory stream and file. Aspose.Email also provides features to fetch N number of items from PST instead of all the items to improve the performance.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.

Thanks Kashif,

The folder .GetContents() method doesn’t appear to read entire mail messages. It appears to read MessageInfo. That means I have to use .SaveMessageToStream() or another method and pass in the EntryIdString. Is this the most efficient method available?

Thanks

@Mike_C,

Yes you are right. A message cannot be read directly and you have to fetch it using either entry id or MessageInfo object. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.