Public visibility of Thread attachments

I posted a new thread which has multiple attachments.

Its 'keep this post private' checkbox is unchecked, and the text content of the thread is publicly visible, as expected.

But - its attachments are not publicly visible, even though they are not marked as Private. Why is this? The text in the thread refers to screenshot bitmap files attached to the thread - but the text doesn't make sense unless you can actually see the images.

Hi Brian,

We’re able to see those images and will investigate the issue. The attachments are private by default. You can also view everything once you’re logged into our website and you can also further discuss this issue and reply to our team when they answer the query after logging in.

I hope this helps. If you still find any concerns, please let me know.

Thanks for the reply Shahzad

I think it's correct that by default attachments are visible only to the poster and to aspose.

But other staff at my company (who have their own aspose logins) cannot see the attachments. How would I mark the attachments so that they're publicly visible and the other people at my company can see them?

Hi Brian,

I’ll communicate this concern to our relevant team and they’ll be able to guide you appropriately.

Regards,

Would you provide a status update for this issue?

Hi Brian,

Thanks for asking. We are still reviewing this request however in the meantime a possible work around for you is to host the images on a third party storage provider like Dropbox and then link to the files from your forum post. This way anyone may access the files.

Thanks,

Thanks for the suggestion Adam, I’ll try that.