We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

QR Code on tiff not recognized

I’m Aspose.BarcodeRecognition 6.0.0.0 - The attached tiff images contain 2 barcodes each Code39Standard and QR.

On the first image (qr1.tif), both barcodes are scanned correctly. On the other 2 files, only the Code39 gets recognized.

I tested these same 3 images on your demo site (http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.barcode/csharp/barcode-reader/linear-2d-postal.aspx) and the results were exactly the same.

However, when I use my handheld QR scanner, all 3 images are recognized.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for contacting support. It looks your barcode images are noised. Aspose.BarCode API offers a few image processing techniques. These techniques include MedianSmoothing that removes the noise from the image while preserving the image edges. So far I’m able to recognize two barcodes from each image file. Please also take a look over helping article: Better and Faster Image Processing for Barcode Recognition

string[] files = Directory.GetFiles(@“C:\temp”);<o:p></o:p>

foreach (string file in files)

{

// initialize BarCodeReader class object

BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(file, BarCodeReadType.Code39Standard | BarCodeReadType.QR);

// set MedianSmoothing image processing

reader.ImageBinarizationHints = RecognitionHints.ImageBinarization.MedianSmoothing;

// try to recognize all possible barcodes in the image

while (reader.Read())

{

// display the codetext

Console.WriteLine(file + " -- Symbology: " + reader.GetReadType() + " CodeText: " + reader.GetCodeText());

}

// close the reader

reader.Close();

}

Result:
C:\temp\qr1.tif – Symbology: Code39Standard CodeText: 900014
C:\temp\qr1.tif – Symbology: QR CodeText: 00612|900014|ACUSE DE RECIBO
C:\temp\qr2.tif – Symbology: Code39Standard CodeText: 899679
C:\temp\qr2.tif – Symbology: QR CodeText: 00467|899679|ACUSE DE RECIBO
C:\temp\qr3.tif – Symbology: Code39Standard CodeText: 900014
C:\temp\qr3.tif – Symbology: QR CodeText: 00612|900014|ACUSE DE RECIBO

Please do let us know in case of any confusion or questions.

[quote user=“jbasiliotx”]I’m Aspose.BarcodeRecognition 6.0.0.0 - The attached tiff images contain 2 barcodes each Code39Standard and QR.

On the first image (qr1.tif), both barcodes are scanned correctly. On the other 2 files, only the Code39 gets recognized.

I tested these same 3 images on your demo site (http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.barcode/csharp/barcode-reader/linear-2d-postal.aspx) and the results were exactly the same.

However, when I use my handheld QR scanner, all 3 images are recognized.
[/quote]

I wonder what are the possible factors that cause the image noised, so next time I can prevent such things happenning.

Hi Hongdi,

Well, in general, there are many factors involved causing the image noised. Normally, images goes through some process, e.g. quality issues with fax machine. We’re not certain about the process or manipulation steps. It’ll be so nice of you if you can please share some details. However, I’ve logged an investigation under ticket id BARCODENET-33924 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into the matter. We’ll let you know once any information is available from them.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33924) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.