We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

QRCode recognition issue (TIFF)

Hi support,

I’m facing and issue with QR code recognition using Aspose.BarCode 5.5.0. I attached two files - working.tiff that contains two QRcodes that are properly recognized and failing.tiff that contains two QRcodes as well but Aspose BarCodeReader is able to recognize only one QRCode (the smaller one). Both TIFFs are same size, same DPI, also the QRcodes content is very similar.

This code is used for recognition (VB.NET):
rd = New Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(img, BarCodeReadType.QR)
’ img is an instance of System.Drawing.Bitmap (TIFF file)
rd.Timeout = 2500
rd.ImageBinarizationHints = RecognitionHints.ImageBinarization.MedianSmoothing Or
RecognitionHints.ImageBinarization.Grayscale() ’ also does not work if these hints are removed
rd.Read() ’ returns false

Also I tried to generate a code (by http://qrcode.kaywa.com/) with same content as the failing one and it failed in BarCodeReader too.

Could you have a look and confirm it’s a bug in BarCodeReader? Possibly can I somehow improve my code to avoid this?

thanks

Jiri Matejka

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested your sample bar code images against the latest build of Aspose.BarCode for .NET 5.5.0 and managed to replicate the problem. This problem has been logged under ticket id BARCODENET-33560 in our issue tracking system. We will investigate the cause of recognition failure. You will be notified once it is fixed and available for public use. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Imran,

thanks for your reply. Is there any estimate when a possible fix will be available?

thanks

Jiri

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your inquiry. It is difficult to say at the moment because our development team need to analyze the problem. Once our developers complete analyzing this issue, we will be able to provide you an estimate. Anyways, we planned to include the fix of issue id BARCODENET-33560 in our Aspose.BarCode for .NET 5.6.0 which is expected to be released after one or two weeks. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Jiri,

Good news for you is BARCODENET-33560 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.BarCode for.NET (5.6.0). Which is expected after one or two weeks. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33560) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.