Question about Functionality

Hi,

I am considering using aspose.word for a current application I am developing and I wanted to make sure what I am thinking is feasible.

What I want to do is have a word template that is populated and downloaded to a client computer. The user then does offline edits to the document and uploads it. The information is parsed when uploaded and re-entered into the database for permanant storage.

Is aspose.word a good solution for this? Any information/suggestions would be appreciated.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Word.

Aspose.Word supports both population of the templates with data and extracting various document elements.

The former action could be performed via mail merge. During this operation, the accordingly prepared template is filled with data from any ADO .NET compatible data source.

The latter action needs implementation of the IDocumentVisitor interface. Currently it allows to enumerate the document content forward only but we are going to make some breaking changes and improvements soon.

To obtain more detailed information about how to populate the documents and extract their content, please refer to the Aspose.Word Programmers Guide that is almost completed. Also, you can evaluate Aspose.Word for free by downloading it from our download page. This would allow you to see if the component satisfies you completely.

Thank you for your prompt response.

Do you have any examples of parsing using the IDocumentVisitor interface and then appending the document. All the examples I have seen in the forum have been just for reading in the document. Any help would be appreciated.

I also have another concern. I, like others, keep getting the “access denied to aspose.word dll”. I have read all that there is on the forums, but I still cannot successfully and consistently solve this problem. This concerns me. Does this happen on the production version of this software? Are there any ways around this? Thanks again for your help.

Actually you can disregard the question about the IDocumentVisitor, I figured it out. Sorry about all the posts. My question still remains about the dll locking. Thanks!

Could you provide more detailed explanation of the error? What exception is thrown, CryptographicException or something else?

Here is the trace:

Access is denied: ‘Aspose.Word’.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Access is denied: ‘Aspose.Word’.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

After further investigation, it may have to do with running my .net project in debug mode. I’m not sure since I have not deployed at all with the new aspose.word dll in there. To get around it, I have just been restarting IIS. Still any info you have would be nice.

Thanks.

It is hard to recommend something on this issue because it seems to be not an Aspose.Word fault but some sort of problem inside your application. The issue has been discussed in the forums many times so I can just provide links to the relevant threads, maybe they will be helpful:

https://forum.aspose.com/t/129902

An excerption from one of the threads:

If access denied happens on Aspose.Word.dll, then you need to stop (maybe restart) MS Index Server. This error might also be caused by *ASP.NET* temporary cache. Please search for “access denied” in this forums, there is no hard and fast answer for this problem, but it has been raised and solved a number of times.
Basically, there is nothing wrong with Aspose.Word, something must be reset or reconfigured on your machine.