Question on Aspose pdf features

Hi,

I am currently evaluating the aspose total product verifying if it supports our needs.
I have tried Aspose.word and Aspose.pdf to convert word document into pdf and merge multiple pdf file.
However I am not sure if following are possible using Aspose.

1. We have a multiple page word document which has Table of Content as a first Page. We also have another pdf form.
Now what I am looking for is - Generate one big PDF document which will have a original word document content and the pdf form merged. I am able to do this using PDF and Word from aspose. But how can I put the merged pdf form as a second page of the fully generated pdf just after the table of content of the original word document, maintaining the correct bookmark.

2. Does Aspose have a feature to add a digital signature? Certificate apply to the document and stich to the document or adding signature bitmap as a digital signature on a document.
  1. We have a multiple page word document which has Table of Content as a first Page. We also have another pdf form.

Now what I am looking for is - Generate one big PDF document which will have a original word document content and the pdf form merged. I am able to do this using PDF and Word from aspose. But how can I put the merged pdf form as a second page of the fully generated pdf just after the table of content of the original word document, maintaining the correct bookmark.

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am pleased to share that Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to insert pages of PDF file over a particular location in existing PDF file. But I am afraid, once you have inserted the new PDF file, the bookmarks might be disturbed (because original Bookmarks would be pointing to certain page numbers and once the pre-existing PDF file is inserted, the Bookmarks might get disturbed). Please visit the following link for further information on Insert PDF pages

Ashishrizal:

1. Does Aspose have a feature to add a digital signature? Certificate apply to the document and stich to the document or adding signature bitmap as a digital signature on a document.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to digitally sign the PDF file. Please visit the following link for further information on Add Digital Signature in a PDF File (Facades)

In caes you face any problem or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Thank you for your response. I have few more question if you don’t mind.

1. Is there a way to find a bookmark in pdf or word document before or after merge?

2. Is there any feature of adding a placeholder on pdf document where the user can then select the digital signature?

3. Is there any other thing besides, word, excel, powerpoint and Images that can be converted to PDF?

4. Is there any dependency on using any of the Total dll?

We are considering this product and currently evaluating it. So just wanted to make sure we have enough information before we proceed ahead.
Thank you. Appreciated.

Ashishrizal:

1. Is there a way to find a bookmark in pdf or word document before or after merge?
Hi Ashish,

Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to deal with Bookmarks in PDF file. You may export these bookmarks into an XML file, and once the marge has been performed, you can re-import the Bookmarks from XML file. Please visit the following link for further information on Working with Bookmarks
Ashishrizal:
2. Is there any feature of adding a placeholder on pdf document where the user can then select the digital signature?
Do you mean an empty location where user can insert digital signature ? Please share some details regarding this requirement.
Ashishrizal:
3. Is there any other thing besides, word, excel, powerpoint and Images that can be converted to PDF?
Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the conversion of Text, XML, XSL-FO, HTML, PCL, SVG and XPS files into PDF format. Please visit the following links for further details on

Ashishrizal:
4. Is there any dependency on using any of the Total dll?
All the products bundled under Aspose.Total for .NET are dependent on .NET Framework and all the products bundled under Aspose.Total for Java have dependency over JRE. Whereas the products packaged under Aspose.Total for Reporting Services require SQL Reporting Services to be configured over the system. Besides this, all the products present in Aspose.Pdf product family work independent of Adobe Acrobat or its SDK. Furthermore, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Words, Aspose.Slides, Aspose.Tasks do not require MS Office to be installed over system and they are not dependent over MS Office automation SDK’s.

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

Thank you for your response.

Yes for the digital signature we are looking for an empty location where user can insert digital signature on the PDF.

So, we will have a recatangle box and when user clicks on it, it will ask to select the certificate or sign.

Does Aspose Support this?

Adding a signature while the pdf is generating was possible using the approach mentioned in the link - Add Signature in PDF File|Aspose.PDF for .NET

But I could not find help on, just adding a place holder where users can select their certificate/signature.

Please let us know as early as possible since we are considering this product for our application.

I have updated the information to add more details… Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi Ashish,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

You can use SignatureField supported by Aspose.Pdf DOM to add an empty signature field to your PDF file. Please see the following code segment as per your requirement.

//open document

Aspose.Pdf.Document pdfDocument = new Aspose.Pdf.Document("input.pdf");

// Sample Signature field

SignatureField signatureField1 = new SignatureField(pdfDocument.Pages[1], new Aspose.Pdf.Rectangle(100, 200, 300, 300));

//add field to the document

pdfDocument.Form.Add(signatureField1, 1);

pdfDocument.Save("output.pdf");

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thank You & Best Regards,