Question on Aspose

Hello,

I have a question about your Network product, specifically your Outlook support offerings. My questions is, does this API provide a way to programmatically extract messages and attachments from an Outlook PST file? (without Outlook running).

Thanks,
Dmitry

This message was posted using Email2Forum by salman.sarfraz.

Thanks for considering Aspose.

We don't support rading from Outlook PST files right now. Our developer is doing some investigation on your request. It looks like not a very hard problem.

Anyway, I will keep you posted.

Best regards,

Great, thanks! This functionality would be very useful. We’re definitely interested in a Java implementation.

Hello,

I was wondering if any information has become available on this topic. I am also curious whether Aspose.Network supports or will support text and metadata extraction from MSG (.msg) files. Again, we're interested in a Java implementation.

Thanks.

Hello,

Our development team is working on hacking the PST file formats. This feature cannot be ready in a short term.

Aspose.Network.Outlook.MapiMessage can load the Microsoft Outlook Message files, and provide text /meta data extraction. It is a .NET component.

We do not have Java implementation at the time. However, we would like to invest resources to make it happens. Is it good to tell me your project time line and your scenarios?

Best regards,

Folks,

We got prospect customers who want this functionality, so the sooner we can deliver it of course the better.

There are two basic scenarios:

1. The PST files. We want to be able to point the Java API at a PST file and have it give us an iterator where each returned entry would represent a message contained within the PST file. For each message, we would like to be able to get all of its metadata fields, its content (body), and all of its attachments. Please note that for forwarded messages, we'd like to be able to tell the original message apart from the forward. In other words, the original message should be represented as its own separate object and the forward as a separate object as well, with the two objects somehow linked to indicate their connection.

2. The MSG files. We want to be able to point the Java API at a MSG file and get back the metadata, the body, and the attachments. Again, as in #1, we want to be able to distinguish original messages from the forwards.

Thanks.

Hello,

I was wondering if any progress has been made in implementing the Java support for .PST and .MSG files. Can you give me a timeline for this implementation?

Thanks.
- Dmitry

Hello, Dmitry,

Our team is working on the implmentation of MSG file reader for JAVA. I think the first release will be available on March. It will only contain the MSG file reading in the first release. For PST supports, we will keep you posted about the progress -- it is still under investigation.

Thanks,