Question re text search

Hi,

During your product evaluation I am performing simple PDF text search in using the following code:

Document doc = new Document(“c:\dev\TestAspose\input6_cute.pdf”);
TextFragmentAbsorber absorber = new TextFragmentAbsorber(“sharon”);
doc.Pages.Accept(absorber);
Console.Write("Position: "+ absorber.TextFragments[1].Position.ToString());

I bump into several problems:
1. PDF with more than 1 page fails- TextFragments is empty. same code works for PDF with a single page.
2. The following line last 3-4 seconds:
doc.Pages.Accept(absorber);
3. How can I get the page number?

Please advice,
thanks a lot.

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please share the source PDF document so that we can test the scenario at our end. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Attached pls find the PDF.

BTW- I tested with several files.
10x

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the document.<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-30881. We will investigate this
issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””><span style=“font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks,

waiting for your analysis.

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your patience. I am pleased to share that the issue reported earlier has been fixed and its hotfix will be included in upcoming release version which we are planning to release by first week of October2011. Please be patient and wait for the HotFix. We really appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard.

Hi,

How could I be notified when the hotfix will be released?
Can you send a URL for downloading it?
How should I deploy it to my environment?

Also-
I reported several problems- does the hotfix fixes all of them?

Thanks,
Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your patience.

When the new version becomes available, you will be automatically notified within this forum thread and it will contain the URL towards the download section where the new version will be published. I am not certain about your other problems, but it will include the hotfix for issue filed as PDFNEWNET-30881. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Hi.

The first week of October was gone.
Are you intending to publish a fix for those problems?
I am close to finish the evaluation process of your product, with no success.

Sharon

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 30881 ) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.