Questions about Aspose.Slides for .NET

Greetings.

I’m a web developer. Basically, I want to be able to serve up a Microsoft PowerPoint file via an HTTP request and host it on my web site for viewing and printing.

Things I want to do:

· Restrict the ability to edit or save the file.
· Grab the contents of the PPTX file via an HTTP GET request in a .NET Stream and view them in an ASPX page (or print).

I do not currently need editing functionality.

Questions:

· Does the Aspose Slides for .NET provide fully functional PowerPoint viewing and printing? I ask this because this particular functionality isn’t listed explicitly. I see a lot about editing, creating, etc. but I’m mainly interested in viewing and printing.

o Fully functional means that standard PowerPoint animations and such show up correctly.

· Do you have a control or component that can take a Stream and host the slides?

Thanks,
—Dan—

This message was posted using Email2Forum by sheliah.

Dear Dan,

Thanks for showing interest in Aspose.Slides.

Aspose.Slides for .NET can offer you different shapes protection locks to avoid presentation editing. The shape protection locks are maintained on shapes level, so you may need to apply that on every shape inside presentation to have an effect of read only presentation. Please proceed to this link for shape protection. However, unfortunately there is no mechanism available to restrict saving the presentation in Aspose.Slides for .NET. In order to extract and depict the presentation contents on web page, there is no direct method available in Aspose.Slides for .NET. However, one of our OEM customers provides this facility based on depict the presentation on a third party solution EDGARizer. Please proceed to http://www.edgarfilings.com/products/EDGAR_software/default.aspx for further details about the tool.

Aspose.Slides for .NET also offers printing facility. Please proceed to this link for further details. The slides can be viewed in browser by taking the snap shot or thumbnail of the slide. Please proceed to this link for more details. The Jpg thumbnail can be projected on web page to view the slide. Lastly, the presentation can be converted to streams but there is no direct method to convert the slides to streams and host them.

Thanks and Regards,