Questions about DoNet Core

Our customer is using DoNet Core and Windows IIS, when under the development environment they put license into bin\Debug\netcoreapp2.2, but when under the main environment, the package doesn’t has any path relate to bin and the license can’t be used as usual. Please kindly tell us how to use license under DoNet Core Release environment.
And below is customer’s method, please kindly check.

1. Put in Aspose.Words.Product.Family.lic to bin\Debug\netcoreapp2.2 and bin\Release\netcoreapp2.2 separately.
  2. Apply new Aspose.Words.License().SetLicense(@“Aspose.Words.Product.Family.lic”); in constructor of startup.
  3. The license will work good if we open website on local IIS.
  4. After release be posted, if we didn’t apply step 2, it will work good on ISS website.
  5. If we apply step 2, it will appear the below error.
    1.png (13.5 KB)

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw I would recommend you to include the license file as an embedded resource. In this case there is no need to copy the license file anywhere. Please follow the link for more information

Dear sir,
Thanks for your reply!

1. Customer is asking for a solution for asp.net core, why you recommend another paying plan of Metered License?
  2. What customer test is put license to Debug folder, and the provided method is put the license from vistual studio to the project, and in the project of asp.net core, the Debug folder is out of project individually.
    Which folder of vistual studio asp.net core do they need to add license into to keep it working in the coming version?

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw Excuse me for late response. I do not recommend you another licensing plan. I just recommend you to keep your license file as an embedded resource in your project:

1. In Visual Studio, include the .lic file into the project using the “File | Add Existing Item…” menu.
  2. Select the file in the Solution Explorer and set “Build Action to Embedded Resource” in the Properties window.
  3. In your code, invoke SetLicense that passes only the short name of the resource file.