Questions about Template Editor

Hi

Is there a way to use existing scanned image of question paper and convert it to the aspose omr template using template editor?

I tried creating a new template and saved it as amr. But how do i save it as image for printing hard copies of the question paper?

I could not understand “Import Sheet Image” in the template editor? Can this be used to convert an existing question paper image to a amr template or is this for some other purpose?

Please let me know.

Thanks
CK

Hi CK,

Thank you for considering Aspose APIs,

Please find the answers to your questions in the same sequence.

1. Aspose.OMR’s Template Editor cannot auto convert the image (scanned sheet) template (.amr). However, you can easily trace the template over the image by first loading the sheet image using the Import Sheet Image, and place the desired elements accordingly.
  2. I am afraid, I was unable to find a way to convert the template to image using the Template Editor interface. I will check if your requirement is possible through the APIs exposed by the Aspose.OMR namespace, and will inform you accordingly.
  3. Template Editor provides two main features through its interface. You can create the templates and you can also use it to perform the Optical Marker Recognition operation. In above perspective the Import Sheet Image feature can be used to load the image of the scanned image. Template can be loaded with File -> Open function, whereas the OMR operation can be performed using the Edit -> Extract Data from the sheet.

Please feel free to write back in case you have any further questions for us.

Hi

Thank you for your prompt response. I have some questions related to scanning

1) What resolutions, DPI, color mode is recommended for scanning the original question paper for Template
2) What resolution, DPIm, color mode is recommended for scanning the actual marked answer sheets?
3) Do the resolutions, DPI, color mode must be the same for the template image and the marked answer sheets?

Please let me know. Thanks

CK

Hi CK,

Regarding the Color Mode, we have been working with RGB color mode since the launch of Aspose.OMR so it is supported. Let me do some testing to make sure if CMYK images are acceptable too. Recommended resolution is 300 DPI however, low resolution images do make much difference. It is best to scan all the documents on the same resolution so I would recommend 300 DPI for all cases.

Hi CK,

Thank you for your patience with us.

I am afraid, I was unable to find a way to print the template so I have logged a Feature Request in our database against this requirement. The ticket Id for your future reference is OCR-33896. We will analyze the feasibility of your requested feature, and as soon as we have made significant progress towards the implementation of the said feature, we will let you know.

I have also performed few tests with CMYK images, and I glad to inform you may choose to save the image in CMYK or RGB color modes. These formats are supported by the visual Template Editor as well as the Aspose.OMR APIs.

Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.