Questions about your product to convert RDL to PDF

1. We have a "batch" SQL 2005 Reporting Services process that runs that creates large (1000+ page) reports which we need to store in PDF format. This need to happen automatically with no user invervention. For example, one report is named "Social_Work_Notification" and we would like your product to capture the name of the report, convert the RDL to PDF and save it in a specific folder as "Social_Work_Notification.pdf". Does you product do this?

2. Your product would be installed in a 2-node cluster, only one of which is active at a time. Do I need two licenses?

3. Can I install your product at the cluster level or must it be installed at the server level?

4. Does your product require a reboot after install?

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services Documentation - Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services - Documentation

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

1) Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services offers the capability to convert RDL files into Pdf format, and you can get the RDL file name programmatically and use the same name for the output Pdf file.

2) Regarding License related issue, I've contacted our sales team to reply.

3) I am not sure what do you mean by Cluster, do you mean server clustering, I am not sure about this, I've contacted the development team, to check if its supported or not.

4) Once the product is installed, it does not require reboot.

Hi,

You would need to get a separate Single Server Deployment Subscription for each node. You can also get one Multiple Deployment Subscription which will allow you to have unlimited number of servers. You will also need to get the development license separately. For more information please consult Subscription Definitions .

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Thank you for contacting support and have a nice day.

Hi,

Aspose.Pdf for RS should be installed on the same machine as reporting server.

Of course, it supports that the rendered PDF document be saved in the custom folder.