"Letter" Page size is showing on "Properties" section after converting A4 pae size documnet (.doc) to PDF

Hi,

We are facing issue on production after converting the A4 page size document (.doc) to PDF.

We have converted A4 page size document to PDF. it is showing “Letter” size under File -> Properties after converting into PDF file.

We are using below Aspose related jar files for converting:-

aspose-pdf-2.7.0-jdk15.jar -> Implementation-Version: 2.7.0

aspose-pdf-kit-3.7.0.jar -> Implementation-Version: 3.7.0

Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar -> Implementation-Version: 10.1.0.0

Please find the attached documents.

GECO Letter.doc -> This is the A4 page size document

GECO Letter.pdf -> This PDFfile was generated after converting the document (.doc)

A4_to_Letter.JPG -> We have marked on red colour in JPG file for page size.

Can you please the issue urgently?

Regards,

RSY Narayan

Hi Subramanum,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.4.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I have downloaded the “Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar” file from below link which was you provided.
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java
I got the below data from META-INF file inside the jar:-
Implementation-Version: 13.4.0.0
Implementation-Vendor: Aspose Pty Ltd
Release-Date: 2013.04.30
Can you please confirm whether the downloaded jar file is correct or not?
I will update to you the status once completed the testing.
Regards,
RSY Narayan

HI,
I have tested with ‘Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar’ jar file (13.4.0.0). But I am still getting the same error.
It is showing wrong page size in “Properties” section. Actually the Document (.doc) was A4 page size, but after converting it is showing “Letter” page size. It is showing wrong page size. In my first conversation I have attached the JPG file.
Can you please check it?
Regards,
RSY

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information.

I used the code from here to render your DOC file to PDF (by using Aspose.Words for Java 13.4.0) and have attached it here for your reference. You can see that A4 page size remains preserved during rendering.

Moreover, I believe the problem occurs because the PDF (GECO+Letter.pdf) you attached in your first post is generated with a third party tool GPL Ghostscript 9.0.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I found the solution and it is working properly. So you can close the issue.
Regards,
RSY

Hi,

It’s great you were able to find what you were looking for. Please let us know any time you have any further queries.

Best regards,