Can someone please help me make sense of this???
We are deep into the development of a project that is releasing in November. We found some very serious performance problems with cell merging using an older version of Aspose.Slides. It was taking over 4 minutes to just process a single table. So we decided to give the latest version (220.127.116.11) a try since it now sports a "New enhanced high speed tables engine" -- this new engine makes a remarkable performance improvement. what was taking minutes before is now only taking seconds.
However, we are having some serious difficulties understanding:
1. Why the API changed. Why can't you still support the old API?
2. How do even USE the new API to set a CellBorder? We can't even figure out how to use the API any longer. How do I set a blue border that is 2 pixels wide on the top of a cell for example?
From this version we change API for working with tables. We tried to make it as close as possible to previous releases but there are some differences anyway.
- Temporally it's not possible to delete columns and split cells.
- CellBorder class has GetEnumerator() method instead of LineFormat property in the previous versions. GetEnumerator retirns iterator for enumerating all Line objects which compose border of a cell.
- Cell class has new TopLeftCell and BottomRightCell properties to get coordinates of a cell. These properties are equal to each other for normal cells and different for merged cells.