"Read only" attributes of a project

Hi

After an hour of playing with updating an MPP I finally stumbled upon:

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Project+data

that shows which data can be updated and not in MPP.

So it looks like the only thing I can do if wanting update many parts of an existing file is to read the original MPP and save to XML (and delete the MPP to avoid confusion).

OK, I can cope with that but surely it makes sense for the ProjectWriter class to give an error or warning if I update parts of a project (like adding or updating extended attributes, notes, revision) rather than just doing NOTHING with the data. I'd rather have an exception than spends ages wondering why my code is not working / data not saving.

Thanks

Dale

Hi Dale,

Thank you for using Aspose.Tasks and we are sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced.

We will, for sure, look into this matter for any quick implementation of such a warning/exception generation methodology for those attributes that are not supported yet for altering.
Hi Dale,

Thank you for using Aspose.Tasks.

The Aspose.Tasks V4.4.0 supports new feature of TaskWritingException similar to TaskReadingException, as you can see HERE. In addition, you can also update and write back MS Project MPP files. This feature is currently supported for MS Project 2007 files only.

Please try the exception writing methodology as provided in the above link. If you still find issue, please provide us with your sample source MPP file and runnable code to reproduce the issue at our end. We will look into it and assist you further as soon as possible.