"The license has expired." exception

I’m trying to use our site licensed Aspose.Total, in particular, Aspose.Words. Our subscription has expired becasue but we were assured by our sales rep that we could continue to use the product even if our subscription was expired. They pointed us to an online FAQ where it indicated the same.
https://purchase.aspose.com/faqs/licensing/
My subscription is about to expire. Does that mean I will no longer be able to use the product?
No. When you buy a license you buy the right to use a product for as long as you wish. A subscription is a separate service that provides you with updates. Without a subscription, you miss out on new features and hotfixes, but the product will still run.

Below is a copy of a simple .NET 2.0 console app that I’m testing with.

namespace CreateWordDocument_Aspose
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Aspose.Words.License license = new Aspose.Words.License();
            license.SetLicense("MyLicense.lic");
            Aspose.Words.Document doc;
            doc = new Aspose.Words.Document();
            Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder builder = new Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder(doc);
            builder.Write("this is a test.");
            builder.InsertBreak(Aspose.Words.BreakType.PageBreak);
            builder.Write("page 2 test.");
            doc.Save("d:\\temp\\wade.docx", Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Docx);
        }
    }
}

If I change the license file name, it throws a different exception saying that it can’t find the file. I believe I have this working correctly.
Any help or pointers is greatly appretiated.
Regards,
Wade

Hello
Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words. Every Aspose license carries one-year subscription for free upgrades to new versions released during this time. And, yes, sure you can use your software after the license is expired.
So, you can check the expiration date of your license and use any version of Aspose.Words published before this date. To check an expiration date of your license open the license file using notepad. You will see the following tags:

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 02/18/2011.
Best regards,

Thank you for the quick response. Here is the expiration information from our license file.

Looking at the C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.Words for .NET\bin\net2.0\Aspose.Words.dll properties, the Product version attribute says 2010.05.14 and File vesion is 9.1.0.0. Based on this, it looks like I should be able to use it without any issues. If I’m using you the wrong version, can you let me know what version is correct?
Thanks again,
Wade

Hi Wade,
Thank you for additional information. The license and the version you are using seem to be correct. I suppose, the problem might occur because you are using a wrong license file. Could you please sent the license to me, I will check it and provide you more information. Please follow the link to learn how to send the license safely:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711
Best regards,

I just sent it Alexey.
Regards,
Wade

Hi
Thank you for additional information. The license you have send to me seems to be a temporary license.
This is a temporary license for non-commercial use only and it will expire on 2010-08-21.
That is why you are getting an exception. Do you have another license? I think, you should contact our sales team to resolve this problem.
Best regards,

Thanks again for your help Alexey. We were able to get the correct license file and things are working perfectly now.
Regards,
Wade