"The signature is incorrect." error on setting license for Pdf.Form

I purchased Aspose.Pdf.Form as part of a custom purchase (finalized yesterday), and downloaded the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Form… I can’t get the license to register for Pdf.Form… It works for Word, Excel & Pdf, but Pdf.Form throws the above error. "The signature is incorrect."

The final order # was 050613073124.

Thanks, Chris

I moved it from Aspose.Purchase forum so it will be addressed by our product developer soon.

Dear Chris,

“The signature is incorrect” if the license file was modified in any way and its digital signature does not match the content of the file. Make sure you did not open the license in notepad or something like that and edited it, even adding an empty line can break this license file.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p>
If any more problems, please post it .

Best regards.</o:p>

I didn’t modify the license in any way. I even downloaded a new one just in case.

And the license file works for the other three products in the bundle, so I don’t beleive that is the problem.

Thanks, Chris

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your patience.
I have checked the license before I post the last reply.
In my machine, it works ok.

I will discuss the problem with the developer who developed the license part and give you a reply quickly.

Best regards.

Dear Chris,

I have just tested my license file in one program like the following:

Aspose.Pdf.License pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.License();
Aspose.Word.License word = new Aspose.Word.License();
Aspose.Excel.License excel = new Aspose.Excel.License();
Aspose.Pdf.Form.License form = new Aspose.Pdf.Form.License();

pdf.SetLicense(@"E:\work\form\formTest\Aspose.Custom.lic");
word.SetLicense(@"E:\work\form\formTest\Aspose.Custom.lic");
excel.SetLicense(@"E:\work\form\formTest\Aspose.Custom.lic");
form.SetLicense(@"E:\work\form\formTest\Aspose.Custom.lic");

And it is also ok.

The version of every product I used is :
Aspose.Pdf 2.2.7
Aspose.Word 2.4.1
Aspose.Excel 3.2.2
Aspose.Pdf.Form 1.2.0

Could you test the license file just only using Aspose.Pdf.Form in one program without other products? It is useful to locate the problem.

Best regards.

The problem appears to be that I’m using VS 2005… Three of the 4 products seem to work fine in that environment, but the fourth (Pdf.Form) doesn’t…

Chris

Dear Chris,

I have just tested my dll and license file in vs 2005. It also worked well.
It is really a strange problem.

I have asked another developer about the similar problem. He suggests to change a machine.
Now I have two suggestions to locate the problem:
1) In one project only includes Aspose.Pdf.Form, test whether the license is ok.
2) Move your project to another development machine, see if the error occurs again.

By the way, is your project a asp program?

Best regards.

Ok, I tried it on two different machines with the same result.

With 2003 it works fine, as soon as I upgrade the code to 2005, it fails.

I’ve done it with only Pdf.Form loaded. (On the second machine, it was the only product installed)

The code I’m running it in has all been client side applications.

I’m uploading the complete code (with license)

Chris

Also, if I don’t register the license, the product works fine on .NET 2/VS 2005. It’s only when I try to set the license.

Hi, Chris,

I have tested your project again in vs2005 Beta1. It worked fine also.

There are two things to be ascertain:
1) What version of vs 2005 do you use?
2) Did you set some extra options about compiling or others? All we set is default.

Best regards.

1. I’m using Beta 2, since that’s the version we’re actually allowed to release production code on.

2) Nope. That project was a new project, with the reference added, and those few lines of code.

I can only assume it’s got something to do with Beta 2, but I can’t imagine why it would only be a problem on that one particular product (3 products work fine, 1
    doesn’t)

Thanks, Chris

Dear Chris,

I have changed the license part and passed it in my enviroment.
I have adjusted all the part of project settings with another product.

Please download the new dll from the attachment whose version is 1.2.0.1.

Best regards.

This new attachment gives me a “Bad Image Format” whenever I try to instantiate anything in 2.0

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Enclosing type not found.
at TestPDFFOrmLicense.Program.Main(String[] args)

The line is License l = new License();

I even tried it on a brand new project.

Seems to work fine in .NET 1.1 though.

Thanks, Chris

Dear Chris,

Sorry for giving you so much inconvinience.
Thanks for your patience.

I will install it ASAP and check and solve the problem.

Because the VS2005 Beta2 is very new, few customers used it, and such a license error is the first time I met, I wish you could understand.

Best regards.

I certainly do understand. Hopefully, if you can replicate the problem, we can get it resolved quickly. My boss in chomping at the bit to get this installed. (The program works fine in trial mode, so I’ve got everything developed, it just crashes when I try to license it)

Thanks, Chris

Dear Chris,

Haha, I have fixed the problem. And thanks for your patience.
Please download hotfix in the attachment.

Best regards.

Thank you for the quick resolution to this issue. the updated version of the DLL worked just fine.

Thanks, Chris

Hello Chris,

I have the same problem on my program. PLEASE HELP.

Aspose.Pdf.Form has been merged into Aspose.Pdf.Kit. Please download the new version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit and contact sales@aspose.com to get a new license.