We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Radio button values

I’m attempting to read the value of a radio button on an existing document with Aspose.Pdf version 8.8. The document was created by Adobe LiveCycle with reader extensions and contains approximately 50 fields.


Aspose.Pdf.Document.Form.Fields property (only contains 3 digital signature fields)
Aspose.Pdf.Document.Form.GetField method (returns values for fields except radio buttons)
Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form.ExportXml method (result includes values for all fields except radio buttons)
Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form.GetFieldFacade method (no suitable parameter value found)
Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form.GetButtonOptionCurrentValue method (no suitable parameter value found)

Hi Jason,


Thanks for your inquiry. We will appreciate if you please share your sample document here, so we will look into it and will provide you more information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
Please see the attached form. This is a stripped down version of the actual form that demonstrates the problem.

var form = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades(path)
form.GetField("changeMgmt[0].page1[0].frmInformation[0].txtRequestorName[0]) --> "Last, First"
form.GetField("changeMgmt[0].page1[0].frmInformation[0].rdbChangeType[0]) --> "" (value expected)

Hi Jason,


Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I have tested the scenario and have observed that value for changeMgmt[0].page1[0].frmInformation[0].txtRequestorName[0] form field is being returned as First, Last. Whereas no value is being returned for changeMgmt[0].page1[0].frmInformation[0].rdbChangeType[0] field. As per my observations, the second field appears to be a radio button field. Before we proceed further with the resolution of this issue, please confirm that you are also experiencing similar problem.

[C#]

var form = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form(“C:/PDFTEST/CR_Form_extended_signed.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

Console.WriteLine(form.GetField("changeMgmt[0].page1[0].frmInformation[0].txtRequestorName[0]")); //--> "Last, First"

Console.WriteLine(form.GetField("changeMgmt[0].page1[0].frmInformation[0].rdbChangeType[0]")); // --> "" (value expected)

Yes. That is exactly the observed behavior. This just may be the wrong approach to determine the value of a radio button. I’m open to other options.


Hi Jason,


Thanks for the acknowledgement.

I have logged this problem
as PDFNEWNET-36832 in our issue tracking system. We will further
look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status
of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for
this inconvenience.

We found a workaround using a different product. A script in Adobe Acrobat Pro exported the documents to HTML and the results were parsed with a .NET application. Thanks for looking into this.

Hi Jason,


Thanks for sharing the information. We are glad to hear that you have managed to find a workaround to your earlier reported issue. However, we will definitely try resolving the problem in our API. Nevertheless, the information has also been shared with development team and they will definitely consider this information during the resolution of this problem.