Random failure in Pdf TextAbsorber

Hi,

every now and then our production system fails converting pdf to text with a internal error from Aspose PDF ( Java ).

[com.aspose.pdf.internal.p71.z11.m2(Unknown Source), com.aspose.pdf.internal.p71.z11.m7(Unknown Source), com.aspose.pdf.internal.p71.z13.m1(Unknown Source), com.aspose.pdf.internal.p71.z13.m1(Unknown Source), com.aspose.pdf.internal.p71.z13.m6(Unknown Source), com.aspose.pdf.internal.p71.z13.(Unknown Source), com.aspose.pdf.internal.p71.z13.(Unknown Source), com.aspose.pdf.TextAbsorber.visit(Unknown Source), com.aspose.pdf.Page.accept(Unknown Source), com.aspose.pdf.PageCollection.accept(Unknown Source), no.lovdata.searchconverter.SearchDocumentConverter.getTextFromPDF(SearchDocumentConverter.java:491)

lines 489 - 491 in our SearchDocumentConverter:

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDoc = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(new FileInputStream(file.getAbsolutePath())); TextAbsorber textAbsorber = new TextAbsorber(); pdfDoc.getPages().accept(textAbsorber);

We receive lots of different .pdf files for conversion to text, and this only happens randomly. It seems to be the exact same error everytime, we have so far not been able to reproduce the error outside of production when trying to convert the same pdf files, so I don’t really think it’s a problem with specific .pdf files.

I hope the quote is helpful for somebody with internal knowledge of the aspose codebase, but I might be able to give some more information if needed!

@torhenning

Thank you for contacting support.

We would like to request you to ensure using Aspose.PDF for Java 18.5 in your environment. In case the problem persists, please share your environment details (OS, JDK/JRE etc) with us. Please try to reproduce the error in same type of application as in your production environment, for instance, a web application if it occurs in a web application; and then share the narrowed down sample application with us so that we may try to reproduce and investigate it in our environment.