Random recognition

Hello,

For a project, I need to read barcodes that are printed on documents with an ink pad.

Some are very well recognized while others not at all while the quality seems better.

Can anyone help me?bar.jpg (82.9 KB)

@beda,
Please share your code snippet with us for our testing. We will reproduce the problem and provide our feedback after analysis.

Hi,

Here is the extract of my code. I tried with several QualitySettings but I can’t read all the barcodes

Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader reader = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader("bar.jpg", DecodeType.Code39Standard);
var res = reader.ReadBarCodes();
foreach(BarCodeResult bc in res)
    Console.WriteLine($"{bc.CodeText} {bc.CodeTypeName}");
}

@beda,
We have observed the issue and logged it into our database for further investigation. You will be notified here once any update is ready for sharing.

This issue is logged as:
BARCODENET-37937 - All barcodes not read from the image

All barcodes from the image are recognized, but cutoff mechanism drops some short barcodes (less 4 symbols) with low quality (as you see the image quality is really low).

This is related with the fact that Code39 barcode does not have any checksum (as the checksum start and stop segments are counted) and some text on complicated image with big amount of text can be recognized as short Code39, or MSI or other types barcodes without checksum.

So, if you need to recognize short barcodes, we could add option to QualitySettings, but is this way (enabled option), some amount of false positive recognitions can be present.

recognized_without_cutoff.jpg (78.4 KB)

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Is it possible to get a version with the QualitySettings option so that we can manage the recognition level ourselves?

Do you think that with a barcode with checksum of the same quality we would have a better result?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Bertrand

Yes you can try Code128.

And do you still need short (1-2 symbols) low quality barcode recognition with special option?