We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Range is ambiguous in the namespace Aspose.cells

dear support,


I migrated to version 8.0 of aspose.cells and cpould not recompile my existing code anymore.
my code goes :

for each x as aspose.cell.range in workbook.worksheets.getnamedranges()
next x

the error is ‘range’ is ambiguous in the namespace 'Aspose.Cells’

any ideas ?

guidoi

Hi Guido,


Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We have evaluated your presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.0.0. Unfortunately, the problem didn’t replicate therefore we would request you to please place your test code in a new application and try compiling it with the assembly from net2.0 folder of Aspose.Cells for .NET installation directory. In case the problem persists, please provide the sample application along with the referenced assembly for our review.

VB.NET

Dim book = New Workbook()
For Each range As Aspose.Cells.Range In book.Worksheets.GetNamedRanges()

Next range

helllo, I tried it with both the dll from the net2.0 folder as with the net3.5_clientprofile version.

the file version is 8.0.0.0

This does notr work :
for each x as aspose.cells.range in book.worksheets.getnamedranges()
next x

this works :
for each x in book.worksheets.getnamedranges()
next x

This worked before, now it doesnt anymore.

I have appended the projetc file

guido



I tried a new console application. Then it worked.


The previous project I sent you was an asp project, using both the aspose.cells and aspose.webgrid library. maybe that is the reason ???



see attached file

aspsoe.cells.range is not a recognized object.


Hi Guido,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue. The Range object gets ambiguous when both Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Cells.GridWeb are added as reference.

I have attached the web project which illustrates this compile time error. I have also attached the screenshot for a reference.

We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42503.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v7.0.1.2001
and let us know your feedback.

I think the link is top version v7.0.0.2001, which does not seem to reoslve the issue

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

You are right, the issue still occurs with the latest fix: Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v7.0.1.2001
. We have reopened this issue and logged your comment.

Once, it is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Guido,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It seems, you are using the old Aspose.Cells for GridWeb dll. After replacing the older dll with the newer GridWeb dll, the issue is resolved. I have attached the project for your reference.

ok. It works now.

thanks

Hi,


Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42503) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.