Re: embedding license file

ok. I see. The only issue I have with having the license file included in the \bin directory is that it never gets deployed to my deployment server with all the other files after I complied my codes using the Publish Web Site feature in Visual Studio 2005. I always have to manually copy it over to my deployment server. I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

Hi,

Is there any problem manually copying the license file to the target server in your env.?

Thank you.

Hi,
There is no problem copying the license file manually. It is just that currently our deployment process does not require
any manual copying of files to the target server and we always do everthing possible to avoid any manual process. There are about 10
other dlls in the \bin directory and they all get deployed during the Publishing process. What is in the Aspose license file that
prevents it from getting deployed during the Publishing process? Is there any other work arounds?

Hi,

Well, I think as a workaround, you can try to rename the license file i.e., "Aspose.Custom.lic" to "AsposeCustom.txt" (but never change the contents of the license file) and change your licensing code as follows:

Aspose.Cells.License lic = new Aspose.Cells.License();

lic.SetLicense(licfile);

where "licfile" contains the string path of "AsposeCustom.txt".

Thank you.