Re: Error

we get the same error with excel

Process -> Overload resolution failed because no Public 'Save' can be called without a narrowing conversion:
'Public Sub Save(stream As System.IO.Stream, title As String)':
Argument matching parameter 'title' narrows from 'Integer' to 'String'.
'Public Sub Save(stream As System.IO.Stream, saveFormat As Aspose.Cells.SaveFormat)':
Argument matching parameter 'saveFormat' narrows from 'Integer' to 'SaveFormat'.
'Public Sub Save(stream As System.IO.Stream, fileFormatType As Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType)':
Argument matching parameter 'fileFormatType' narrows from 'Integer' to 'FileFormatType'.

and apose.words works fine

we must use assembly loadfrom... because of third party software which we extend

Dim document As Object = Nothing

document = CSNob1781AsposeExcelAssembly.CreateInstance("Aspose.Cells.Workbook", Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, _

New Object() {memoryStreamInput}, Nothing, Nothing)

document.Open(memoryStreamInput)

asposeFormatPDF = 13

document.Save(memoryStreamOutput, asposeFormatPDF)

Hi,

I am not sure about your issue. Are you writing your own custom Save methods? Please create a sample console application, zip it and post it here to show the issue.

Which version of the product you are using? Could you try our latest version v5.3.2.6

Thank you.

i have used the latest version (aspose total.net) and also your v5.3.2.6 and i still get the error

we want to save multiple document formats to pdf and we must use latebinding/loadassemblyfrom

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project.

After an initial test running your project, I can find the issue as you have mentioned. Since you are using latebinding or loadassemblyfrom process in your project. We need to investigate if this is an issue with our product or something else. Certainly the product works fine in normal project where you add references to Aspose.Cells library and use its API direclty to convert Excel files to PDF files. I have logged a ticket for it with an id: CELLSNET-27049. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try Aspose.Cells for .NET v5.3.2.8, your issue should be fixed now.

Please change
document.Save(memoryStreamOutput, asposeFormatPDF) to document.Save(memoryStreamOutput,
CSNob1781AsposeExcelAssembly.CreateInstance(“Aspose.Cells.PdfSaveOptions”))

Thank you.

Hi,

Also, this issue is caused by a duplicate function’s signature. Moreover, we will remove the function in the next month according to our support policy of our product.

Hi,

I have used the 5.3.2.8 dll and made the change to the code and for xls files it now works

but when i save an excel 2010 . xlsx file to PDF the PDF is empty.

Hi,

Kindly give your Excel 2010 XLSX file, output “Empty” PDF file and paste the sample code (how you are converting from XLSX to PDF using Aspose.Cells API) here, we will check your issue further.

Thank you.

the application is pretty much the same as already uploaded but with the following changes:

Case "XLS", "XLSX"

document = CSNob1781AsposeExcelAssembly.CreateInstance("Aspose.Cells.Workbook", Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, _

New Object() {memoryStreamInput}, Nothing, Nothing)

document.Open(memoryStreamInput)

asposeFormatPDF = 13

document.Save(memoryStreamOutput, CSNob1781AsposeExcelAssembly.CreateInstance("Aspose.Cells.PdfSaveOptions"))

document = Nothing

Hi,

Thanks for providing further details.

I have reopened the issue and we will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

After further investigation, we could not find the issue using your suggested changes in your previous project. We would appreciate if you could write down a separate application, zip it and post it here to reproduce the issue on our end. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hello

When i save the memorystream to a file instead of into a database it works

so the error is in my code.

So you can close this issue

Thanks

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan