We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Re: OfficeMath

I’m not sure if this is the same thing, but we were using Word to save equations in MathML format. Is there a good way to do this?

I’ve been looking through the documentation for OfficeMath, and it seems to be sparse. Looking through the nodes, I see the runs of the various variable names, but not the division sign (simple fraction for testing). Is there some detailed documentation on OfficeMath? I’m looking at writing a MathML converter.

I too am very interested in this feature. Sorry to hear the OfficeMath support is so limited. This product is great otherwise!

Please get us MathML support :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, both looking at the nodes and using the SaveFormat.Html method mentioned above confirms that only the text elements of the equation seem to be read.

a^b and a/b in equation editor both come out as "MathObject(a)MathObject(b), with no sign (superscript, font change, or anything else) of what is supposed to be in between. This makes Aspose unusuable for us.

We don’t need to be able to create, write, or change equations, but do need to be able to read them accurately.

Please let us know when this changes

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, currently there is no way to convert OfficeMath node to MathML format. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-8078) and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Thanks for the quick reply. Your message was clear enough, but just wanted to confirm, there is not only no method to get MathML out of it, but not any other math-related XML (OOXML?) either?

From examining the nodes, nothing below Office.Math itself from OpenXml seems to be supported. Just OfficeMath node and the runs below it.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your inquiry. Math equations are preserved during open/save a Word document. However, I am afraid, we won’t be able to provide access to the raw-XML through Aspose.Words API. The whole point of Aspose.Words API is to hide complexities and internals of file formats from end users. If your requirement is just to get MathML string from an OfficeMath object, then we will provide a decent API (as per WORDSNET-8078) in future to meet this requirement. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Any updates on this request?

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your inquiry. This problem actually requires us to implement a new feature in Aspose.Words and we regret to share with you that implementation of this issue has been postponed for now. However, the fix of this problem may definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future. Unfortunately, we can not currently promise a resolution date. We apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,