Re: Slides 15.6 performance regression

Hi,

also to add in general Aspose.Slides is slow :(.
I am opening 128 Powerpoint documents using Aspose.Slides and it takes (sequential opening of documents): ~90 seconds.

Documents are around 750kb and memory consumption goes to 400-600Mb! When I start application it occupies 85Mb.

When I do the same using Office automation I open same 128 documents in 15-16 seconds.

Btw. I am not doing anything with documents except:

document = New Aspose.Slides.Presentation(path)

document.Dispose()

document = Nothing

P.S. I am using 15.7.0.0

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and like to request you to please make a separate post for every single issue that you face because it is helpful for us as well as for you to take care of the issues effectively. Regarding this issue you have just reported, please share few files with us as well as observations on your end so that I may proceed further to help you out.

Best Regards,
Hi Adnan,

please find attached two documents. Observation is that Aspose.Slides is much slower (2-4x slower) compared to Office Automation plus much more memory is needed.

I made in total 128 documents out of those 2.

P.S. After opening each of documents (750kb) memory increase is between 4 and 8Mb which is probably normal but your feedback will be appreciated. Strange is that even if I am doing document.dispose and document=nothing memory is not released of long period.

BR,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I have observed your comments and worked with the files shared by you. I have not been able to observe the issue on my end. I request you to please share environment details on your end and please try to calculate memory usage programatically instead of checking in the Task Manager if you are working in windows environment, please share your findings after calculating memory usage by code, so that we may investigate it further to help you out.

Best Regards,