Re: Word document not able to open by Office Word 2000- 2002 and 97

Hi Romank,

After deploying the application with the aspose component. I realise the word document that had been modified by the aspose word component is not able to open by the following version of Office Word 2000, 2002 and 97.

What i did to the word document is just on the header and footer in which you help me solve the previous time.

This is very urgent as the client is rolling out the system soon. I would need this to be solved.

If required, i can send you the sample of the document that is generated and the code i used to do the modification.

Regards,
Eric Tan
Commerce online Pte Ltd

Hi Eric,

Sure we try to address such problems asap. Please email me the original (not the produced) document and either tell what changes your code made to the document or email the code to word@aspose.com.

Hi Romank,

I am sending you both the code and the original word document. Please help me take a look. Thanks.

Regards,
Eric

Hi Romank,

Just to check with you, had you received the mail i send to you this morning.

Regards,
Eric Tan

Thanks, I’ve got your file, will look at it asap.

Hi Romank,

Would like to find out from you how is the progress??

Regards,
Eric Tan
Commerce Online

We’ve been doing some other work on DocumentBuilder and tables (not released yet) and with latest code your document opens fine in Word 2002, does not open in Word 2000 and opens okay in Word 97 although one border looks strange. We will look into the issue today and tomorrow.

Hi Eric,

I’ve found the problem in your code. Horizontal merge of the last two cells in the 4th row are not in sync.

If you have 2nd cell:
pdocBuilder.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge = CellMerge.None;

and then 3rd cell:
pdocBuilder.CellFormat.HorizontalMerge = CellMerge.Previous;

This creates an invalid table and causes Word to fall over. When I change it to be First, Previous or None, None it works fine. I’ll see maybe I can add some error message thrown to the user when trying to create and invalid table, but you should be able to proceed.

One other thing is that paragraphs centered in a cell seem to become left aligned when opened in Word 2000. I’m investigating this, it’s only happening in Word 2000.

Hi Romank,

Thank for the solution. I am currently testing the code out. Will get back to you soon whether will it work.

The other thing is that i had found another bug in the component which i had created a new topic for it.

Please do help me take a look. Thanks.

Regards,
Eric Tan

Hi Romank,

Everything work fine now except for the rtf word document.
Really hope to see the new release soon.

Regards,
Eric Tan
Commerce Online