Read and render files of different formats in Java

Can Aspose.Tasks read files of the mentioned formats as listed below and then render them on a Java component, such as Canvas or JPanel? How to do that? Thank you!

"Aspose.Tasks supports rendering tasks, resources and resource assignment data to various output formats such as JPG, PNG, PDF, XML, XAML, HTML, BMP, XPS, TIFF and SVG. In addition, it is possible to export project data to CSV, TXT, XLS, XLSX and MPT formats. "

Hi Martin,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

Aspose.Tasks is capable of reading project files like MPP, XML and MPT as given here. This project can be saved to multiple formats like MPP, BMP, CSV, HTML, JPEG, PDF, PNG, SVG, TIFF, TXT, XAML, XLSX, XML,XPS, XER etc. You may please visit Working with Projects to read and write project files in different formats.

Regarding Java components like Canvas or JPanel there is no direct method to render the project data however you may render the project data to some image like BMP etc. and then render it to Canvas or JPanel. Please visit Add an image to JPanel and Canvas as Image View/Bitmap which may help you to achieve the purpose.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Tasks.

Thank you very much. I’ll try it and report the result.

Hi Kashif,
Thank you very much. I just notice that Tasks can only read project files like MPP, XML and MPT. Is it possible to read other files as those listed, especially PDF, XLSX, JEG, PNG, BMP, etc.?

I tried Aspose.Words and it can read DOCX, TXT, HTML and XML and render them in a Canvas, but cannot read other formats like XLSX, JPEG, PDF. Can any other Aspose products do this?

Best regards,
Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the feedback.

Aspose.Tasks API is for working with Microsoft Project documents programatically. In case you want to work with XLSX files, you will have to use Aspose.Cells API. Please feel free to post your query in Aspose.Total forum to know about various products support functionality.