Read .ics file

Hi Aspose Team,

Is there any library from aspose to parse / read all the events in icalender file (.ics) file.

Please find the attached example .ics file. I want to read all holiday events in this file .

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

We have an API named Aspose.Email which offers the feature to create as well as manipulate Emails. It also offers the feature to export calendar appointment to ICS file but currently I am not entirely certain about it’s support to read/parse the ICS file. However I am moving thread to respective forum and my colleagues from respective team will further look into this requirement and will reply accordingly.

Hi,

Can you please re-attach the sample file here as the attachment seems to have got damaged and can not be used at our end. Aspose.Email API has Appointment class to load .ics files but that is for loading ICS file with single calendar entry. Your sample file will help us look into it and discuss any such possibility with our Product team for implementation.

Hi ,

Please find the attached file in zip file. Extract the zip file and you can find .ics file there

Hi,

Thank you for providing the sample file. I have checked the library but could not find any option to read multiple events from the ICS file. This requirement is logged as enhancement ticket under Id: EMAILNET-38766 in our issue tracing system. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

Can you please provide me the sample code to read the multiple events… I saw in email EMAILNET-38766 it has been enchanced. Can you provide sample?

@venkat2222,

Please use the following code sample to read multiple events from a single ICS file.

Sample Code

List<Appointment> appointments = new List<Appointment>();
CalendarReader reader = new CalendarReader(fileName);
while (reader.NextEvent())
{
     appointments.Add(reader.Current);
} 

Thanks,
Kashif

Thanks for your reply. Also i have one more question . How can i save back multiple events into one ics file again.

@venkat2222,

This feature is not available and an enhancement ticket is logged under Id: EMAILNET-38789 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38789) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by kashif.iqbal