Read MSWOrd in XML format

Is there a way to read the xml data of an MSWord file into the Aspose DOM model? Reading docx works, but not the "Word xml" formats.

For example:

Succes:

doc = new Document(new FileInputStream("myfile.docx"));

Fail:

doc = new Document(new FileInputStream("myfile.xml"));

where "myfile.xml" is "myfile.docx" saved using the "MS Word xml" format.

Thanks, JMA

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input XML document here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Although this is an old post I wanted to add some info in case anyone views. Turns out reading MS Word XML format onlyw orks in .net not java, which is what I had been trying. .NET works fine. I believe Apsose may be adding this to the Java version of Words soon.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your inquiry. The latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET; i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java. It is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET. So, there should not be any significant difference in functionalities between Java and .NET versions because the code is mostly the same. However, there are a few limitations when it comes to Aspose.Words for Java when compared to the .NET platform. You can find a table of these known issues here:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/Known+Issues+in+Aspose.Words+for+Java

Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without your input document and code. I need your document and Java code to be able to reproduce the same problem on my side. As soon as you attach it, I will start investigation into your issue.

Best regards,

Latest version of Words completely auto-ported

I will investigate why I cannot read the *.xml files in Java but can in .NET and see if I can upload an example.

However, if the Java version is auto-ported, why is there not a Java version of the Visio library? I very much could use that. Thankyou.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your inquiry. As your query is related to Aspose.Diagram, I am moving your thread in Aspose.Diagram forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Diagram team will answer you shortly.

Best regards,
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your inquiry. We already have logged a task to port product code to Java. This task has been logged under ticket id DIAGRAM-27223 in our issue tracking system. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as a significant move towards releasing Aspose.Diagram for Java has been made. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-27223) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.