Read-only pptx editable in Keynote

I am creating a presentation and preventing it from being edited by using:

targetPresentation.ProtectionManager.SetWriteProtection(“password”)

When you open the file in Powerpoint, it will not allow you to make any edits unless you enter the password. However, when the same presentation is opened in Keynote, you can make edits.

Is there a way to keep the export file type .pptx AND prevent this from being edited in Keynote? Or are the only options to export as .ppsx or .pdf? I am using Aspose.Slides for .NET version 18.3

@slaughead.pharmethod,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please provide the source presentation with password protection along with modified presentation in Keynote. I have also performed the similar test on my end by creating a presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 18.4 with this sample code. The generated presentation ask for password when I open it in Apple Keynote on my end. For your kind reference, I have attached the presentation as well. Please also share the Keynote version being used on your end if you are able to open the attached presentation. Please use password: pass to open it.

SaveWithPassword_out.pptx.zip (24.9 KB)

Hi Mudassir,

We do not want the presentation to be edited by the end user, so they should not have the password. We want the presentation to be opened in read-only mode to prevent further editing.

Please find two attachments- a presentation that can be opened in read-only mode and unable to be edited, and the same presentation that I have edited using Keynote. I am using Keynote version 6.6.2 (2571).

Thank you for your assistance.

Sample_Presentations.zip (971.5 KB)

@slaughead.pharmethod,

I have observed the two presentation files shared by you. I request you to please share the source presentation and source code used to generate the read only file so that I may log issue for investigation in our issue tracking system.

Hi Mudassir,

Please see attachment for the sample presentation and sample code used to generate the read-only file.

PptxTest.zip (22.2 KB)

@slaughead.pharmethod,

I have observed your comments. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-40121 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.