Read Recipient using IMAP Client fails

Hi Team,

I am using the latest Aspose Email version. When I try to send read recipient using Imap Client, it fails. The issue is not observed while using Exchange.

I observed that the the Content-Type is "multipart/report; report-type=“disposition-notification”; " before the mail is sent. But the log (and the receiving mail client) shows the Content-Type as multipart/mixed.

The specification says that the content-type should be multipart/report. Maybe this could be where the problem lies.

Please find attached the test case and the smtp-log: AsposeReadReceipt.zip (63.8 KB)

Could you please look into this issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Arne

@arne411

Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.PDF for Java 22.10 and let us know how it goes on your side. If you still face problem, please share the activity log file here for investigation.

Hi Team,

I tested using Aspose PDF 22.10 and the problem still exists.

Please find attached the new log file: smtp_2022-11-14.log.zip (2.1 KB)

Could you please look into this issue?

Thanks and Regards,
Arne

@arne411

We have logged a ticket for this case as EMAILNET-40848 in our issue tracking system. We will inform you once there is an update available on it.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@arne411

The problem with Content-Type: multipart/mixed has been fixed. The fix will be available in the next version of Aspose.Email i.e. 20.11. However, this cannot be the cause of an error when sending a message; on our side, sending is successful with Content-Type: multipart/mixed. Your log file also does not contain any error messages, according to it the message sending was successful.

Could you please share some more detail about your error along with simplified console application to reproduce the same issue at our end? Thanks for your cooperation.